Priceline Hotel: 2* Portland (Gresham-Troutdale) Extended StayAmerica

AinA
By AinA,
in

3* Portland (Convention Center-Lloyd Center), Rejected up to $48...06/05/08-06/07/08

Started bidding at $37 for 3* Convention Center. Rejected. Upped to $42 & added Downtown. Rejected. Upped to $45 & added free rebid of NW. Rejected. Upped to $48 & added free rebid of Beaverton. Rejected. It isn't a surprise it was rejected considering this is Rose Festival and the Grand Floral parade route is through that area. Ended up at ESA in Gresham for $34 (see other post). Was just hoping we might be able to sneak in to the area, oh well. Really appreciated the map feature for planning.

Bid $32 for 2* Beaverton, rejected, upped to $34 & added Gresham. Accepted. It is tough having friends & family in Vancouver & Beaverton, ugh! We picked Rose Festival for a visit this year and had hoped to be more central for the festivities (see other post) but ended up having to go out of downtown area. Will likely try for the West side for remainder of weekend. Used maps extensively for info and the PRICELINE link.

Thanks for this site!

-A

Congratualtions on your win.

The Convention Center bids were certainly worth a try, sorry to hear there was nothing available. At least you did get an inexpensive stay and hopefully can make this work for your needs.

Glad the Priceline Maps and the rest of the infomration on the board were helpful in your bidding.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The ESA charged $4.99 per stay for Internet & an extra $10 + tax/night for a 2nd bed. It is just me & the kids, ergo 1 room but definitely need the 2nd bed. So this ended up costing $46/night for me. Still a bargain comparably speaking. The hotel is kind of low budget but very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Most of the ESA brands charge extra for two beds, as this is not their standard room, and they typcially charge mor for these rooms on their website too.

One perk, as you point out, is that the internet fee is per stay and not per nite (as is the case at many hotels... but then again, many of the 'under 3 star' crowd don't charge for this feature at all)

Overall glad you're happy with the results and enjoyed your stay... thanks for the follow-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

got ESA one time @ Renton South Centre Seattle when accidentally added in a 2* bid. Price is good but the hotel was kinda 'dirty'....seems like one of those (although not as bad) transient 'skid row' type of premise where 'people' usually rent 1 month at a time kinda places. I prefer the minimum 2.5* hotel where they at least have a 24 hr front desk.

• 1 year later...

Fortunately, *this* hotel is nothing like the Renton property. I stayed at the Gresham ESA for a few weeks last year while between apartments and I was sad to leave my interim home. Nothing fancy but clean as can be, and the kitchenette and bathroom were spotless, as were the laundry room and front desk area. As the OP stated, staff is very friendly and helpful. My cat was welcomed as well and our needs were respected by the housekeeping crew. Wireless internet was speedy. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]