IDEA: Better Bidding Meeting??

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

I have had the pleasure of meeting more than a few of you in my (and your) travels and have heard reports of others getting together as well.... with a good time had by all.

I thought i'd present the idea of an informal BetterBidding member meeting... a chance for users to meet face-to-face.

Since NYC hotels are typcially least expensive in the summer, i thought that would be a good time plan something and give anyone looking for an 'excuse' a good reason to make an impromptu NYC trip. There are also two new properties scheduled to open in the Hoboken/Jersey City area... a Westin in Jersey City (Nov 2008) and a W Hotel in Hoboken (Jan 2009). Assuming these hotels participate with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, there will likely be excellent deals to be had in the weeks following their opening... so while this is still quite a few months away, this could prove to be a good timeframe as well if there is little interest in the summer months due to other committments.

We could plan a lunch, dinner, or just drinks. I'd favor something in Hoboken (or Jersey City) simply because it would be easier to coordinate and still be easily accessible via mass transit for everyone, but depending upon what the interest level is and what is decided we can act accordingly.

So... i'll open it up to the board and see if there is any interest, as well as open it up to any suggestions/ideas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Fantastic idea! Unfortunately, we won't be back in the NYC area until late January 2009 (when we are hoping to take advantage of a VERY short lived EWR-HNL (Honolulu) flight that we booked on United for $292 per person all-in round-trip. Sorry, the fare was gone before I even had a chance to post it, and happened when I was online in the middle of a sleepless night during our recent trip to the east coast.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]