Priceline Hotel: Failed $75 Bid Ft. Lauderdale 3* Downtown

Katmash
By Katmash,
in

Started bid for 3* Downtown Ft. Lauderdale for one night 4/13/03 at $65 (probably should have started a little higher) then added Miramar as free rebid at $75 and bid was not accepted. I made a backup reservation at Ft Lauderdale Marriott Marina at AAA weekend rate that includes breakfast for $99, so if I do bid again in 3 days I don't think I'll bid much higher. Thanks for this great message board :)

It may take $83 to be successful for this bid (this is just a GUESS), as there is a reported win the day before your date that required an $83 bid (which resulted in the Embassy Suites). I will also add that it's a bad idea to assume, as i just did, that hotel rates are the same from one day to the next, but i add this only because a $75 bid has already been rejected.

The only other 3 star hotel that we've seen come up in this area is the Marriott Marina, which is what you already have booked as a back-up at $99, so even an $83 'win' plus Priceline's fee would get you in for a few dollars cheaper if successful. If you choose to try an $83 bid, i would suggest a lower bid first ($75?) and then use the $83 for the re-bid. Of course, you'd have to be just as happy (or more) with the Embassy Suites as you are with the Marriott Marina for this to be worthwhile. As well, usual disclaimers apply... new hotels can be added at any time, star ratings can change, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not suggesting that you should bid up to $83 as this is only a decision that you can make, but i just wanted to give you some additional information of a bid that i had seen for the day before yours.

Thanks for the comment regarding the message board <it's appreciated :) >, it's been a pleasure putting it together and i think the community that is building here is great!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response. I've stayed at Embassy Suites several times pre-cruise and loved it and did win a $75 bid there for this pre-cruise. The front desk staff is friendly and if they do mention the Priceline rate they just smile and comment on the great rate I got. I've never stayed at Marriott Marina, although on their website it looks wonderful, but am wondering how they treat Priceline customers and if I might be able to get a better room and /or treatment by paying the few dollars more. Anyone stayed at Marriott Marina recently through Priceline? I'll let you know my results if I decide to rebid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]