PRICELINE BIDDING TIPS FOR CANADIANS and NON-US

SuntanD
By SuntanD,
in

Hi!

I would like to try this method myself, with my Norwegian VISA, but there is one thing that concerns me....

Could there be any problems upon check-in at the hotel, given the fact that your ZIP code and City is not correct?

Also I'm fairly certain that they will hear that I am a non-us citizen... :)

Best Regards

TommyL

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of nobody ever having a problem.

Besides, the person checking need not be the one who paid for the reservation. I could make a reservation (using my own US credit card) for a friend of mine who is non-US, and there would be no problem... as long as the name on the reservation was in the name of the person checking in.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping someone can help. Have tried this card a number of times and cannot get it to work. My requests are failing due to card being declined.

Has anyone had success with this card and if so how.

Currently I have my profile updated to show my full address in the 2 address lines, my actual city is in the city line, with CA and 99999.

Don't know what else to do, about to give up on this.

• 3 weeks later...

I used CIBC Aerogold VISA card for priceline; it didn't work. I guess many others have faced the same problem. Next, I used the Citibank Mastercard and it worked. Just wanted to share this info.

I posted my full Canadian address in line 1 and line 2. For the city, state, and zip I used some random places (Maine worked for me).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my first post here. I just made my first purchase on hotwire for a rental car. I have Canadian Tire Mastercard which would not work, kept directing me to verify my card and then refused it. I ended up paying with the card through Pay Pal. Got a car from Avis and saved $76 US based on their site price.

J.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]