Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify 4* Newport Beach/Huntington Beach

burritomaki
By burritomaki,
in

$142 on hotwire seems kind of a rip because the Hyatt Newport Beach is going on PRICELINE for the $60 - $90 range. Perhaps its just better to go the priceline route.
Rates are date specific... have you seen any wins in that price range for these particular dates?

PRICELINE has more contracts wtih hotels than HOTWIRE, but there is a LOT of overlap and many hotels work with both suppliers (just as they may work with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, etc simultaneously as well)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interesting. I adjusted the date to the Friday night, and the rate went up to $234!

The hyatt web site says it is $250.

Yet a PRICELINE bidder posted elsewhere (11 days ago) got the same night for $88.

4* Hyatt Regency Newport Beach 06/13 $88

Anyways, I'm definitely not going to use hotwire for this hotel. I am sure glad that we have these tools available! Thanks for running this great site :)

burritomaki,

Again, rates are date specific... rates can be cheap one day and then very high the next (or vice-versa); as well, rates change often. So you can't necessarily use a winning bid from 10+ days ago, for dates different than your own, to say that the HOTWIRE price isn't a good one. It's possible that 10 days ago the HOTWIRE rate was $100 and in the interim both the hotel's direct rate and the HOTWIRE rate have gone up substantially.

I'm not saying the above is necessarily the case, but it's not far fetched either. While HOTWIRE is usually a little more expenstive than PRICELINE, it would be very unusual for it to be $100+ more expensive.

I woudln't buy the above either at that rate :), but don't exclude HOTWIRE from your future searches/purchases, as it can often be worthwhile.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]