Austria Vienna Renaissance Imperial Riding School South

Rhine-and-Roses
By Rhine-and-Roses,
in

We stayed here 24-26 May 2008. Great experience. I was worried about the location not being "central" enough, but we were actually quite close to the ring, easily walkable, although public transportation was very close and easy to use for those who don't want to walk.

The neighborhood was nice- quiet and more residential, although there were restaurants and shops very close by.

The staff was wonderfully iniviting. Helpful, friendly, smiling. Check-in was smooth.

Room was normal size for a European king. Bed was just like they are at Marriotts/Renaissance everywhere else- very comfortable. Lots of feather pillows, with foam available as well. Two terrycloth bathrobes, slippers, plenty of towels, toiletries. The room/bath were immaculate. There was a small easy chair and a desk with chair. Closet had a safe, minibar. Reasonable size flat panel TV. No iron, although it was listed in the amenities. Radio available, but no clock.

Room service was quick and very reasonble compared to most hotels. Only the drinks were expensive, but I believe no more expensive than in the lobby. The salad was good, the pizza was not.

We upgraded to Club level for 35 euro per night and were glad we did. We were in and out of the hotel all three days, and each time we stopped for a drink or snack in the club lounge. The staff were great, the lounge very inviting. I am sure we got our 35 euro back from the breakfast, drinks, afternoon tea and evening snacks! Breakfast included cold and hot choices. Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, cereals, rolls with cheese and cold cuts, a few pastries. Coffee was fabulous.

I will definitely stay here again. Coming in from the airport was very convenient, too. Straight on the train from the airport to the hotel. Don't buy the CAT ticket. At first it looks faster, but it does not stop by the hotel, so you have to go back to Rennweg S-Bahn/U-Bahn stop, lugging your suitcases up and down escalators. Take the normal train (S-2) towards town, and get off at Rennweg, a two minute walk from the hotel. Although it is slighly slower, there are no transfers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]