IL Chicago Hilton Towers

essxjay
By essxjay,
in

• 1 year later...

The Hilton Towers was great! Location was good, right across from Grant Park and the Taste of Chicago. Room was large, bathroom was huge. We were allowed to check in at 9:00 a.m. when we arrived. For $66 we wished we had of gotten this hotel for our entire stay. When we come back to Chicago, we'll try to get this hotel again.

• 3 years later...

We rate our stay here quite highly - were in town for a large printing trade show at McCormick Pl with 40k attendees.

Front desk was very helpful at check in with no Priceline bias ("..I see your room is prepaid; would you like to swipe your card for incidentals?"). We made a point to check in early as the hotel was very full with conference attendees. Placed us on 11th floor and put the two ladies in a lake view room, by request and at no additional cost, which was way better than our view of Harold's Chicken Shack and numerous parking lots.

Shuttle bus was provided by conference, but hotel had some confusion over where the pickup should be. Sometimes on Michigan, sometimes on 8th St. We opted to park in underground lots. Some planning is required to minimize walking. I believe the Grant Park lot is closest to Hilton. Up to 23 hrs should cost only $16, but those lousy Bears were playing (they lost) and signs told us "event" parking was $20. Other parking options exist in area (near the Chicken Shack), but are more costly.

Rooms were very clean and spacious; beds were fantastic with silky sheets and cozy covers (the ladies loved them). Very easy to sleep in. My companion didn't like the distant sound of the El train every 15 minutes, but I didn't hear a thing. Large TV and nicely redone bathrooms with marble or stone of some kind on counters and floor. The windows in both rooms could have used a cleaning (on the outside).

Kitty O'Shea's was too loud and dark to sit and chat. In the quieter bar at the north end of the main level, a Guinness was $6.50. Watch out for the Wasabi peas in their snack dish.

This hotel is pretty far from NMA if fun is what you're looking for. A cab ride is about $8, but on a nice night it's a great walk.

Checkout was easy - never a line at the desk. Late checkout was offered for free til noon, $25 til 2:00 or $45 for later. We opted to just take things to the car, then spend the afternoon at the conference.

It's "7" to dial other rooms. You can imagine what my buddy got by dialing "9" and the other room on the 11th floor.

• 2 years later...

Our stay at this hotel was fantastic. Check-in was quick and courteous. We were given a choice of king or two double beds. We chose the king room. The bed was luxurious and the room was comfotable and clean. There was a mini-bar in the room (no fridge), and a charge for internet access. Also a chage for parking, however, we did not have a car with us.

The fitness room is huge. There is a nice outdoor sitting area off the pool on the 8th floor. The pool itself was a little too cold for me, but the hot tub was nice.

Everything about this hotel was first-class.

• 1 year later...

I was very happy with my stay at the Hilton Chicago through Priceline, August 18-21, 2012.

I knew before I arrived that the hotel was not full and that there were rooms with 2 double beds and 2 bathrooms aviallabe. I was traveling with my two sisters and this type of room was our goal. Upon check-in, I requested the 2 double/2 bath room with a lake view. I was told it would cost $25/ni for the upgrade. I politely responded that I had never been charged for that type of room in the past and the receptionist gave it to us at no cost. (I also mentioned that I was a Hilton Honors member, knowing full well that I would not be allowed to get points for a priceline stay, but I always think it helps to let the hotel know if you are part of their rewards program, I stay at Hiltons all the time for business travel, but this was a leisure trip and the group wanted to bid via Priceline). The room was perfect for 3 women. The second bathroom allowed us to quickly get ready each day. The room did not have a direct view of the lake, but it could be seen from the window.

I am a nursing mother and was traveling without my child for 3 days. The hotel was more than happy to send up a regrigerator at no cost. The refrigerator was quite large, and allowed us to store sodas and beers that we picked up at the liquor store on the back side of the hotel.

The hotel is within a block of both Starbucks and Caribou, for morning coffee runs.

The hotel is across the street from the Park, where there was live music each night.

The hotel is within 5 blocks of CVS -- you can get almost antying at CVS, including ponchos for the rainy Saturday morning.

This hotel is just 3 blocks from the redline, which made travel to the River North and Mag Mile areas (and other further north areas) very easy. It was also a reasonable $12 cab ride to Old Town.

I admit I was a little hesitant about having won the Hilton because it is so far south of the Mag Mile, but in the end, it worked out perfectly. This was an exceptional deal for $90/ni! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a very suitable homebase for leisure travel in Chicago! We did not dine at the hotel or use the pool. We were there to be in the city, not the hotel. This was excellent!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]