Priceline Hotel: Help!!!! Priceline bid Accepted in wrong area

anchoras
By anchoras,
in

:) :)

Help!!! I am not new to Priceline I always double check before I buy, however, either I made error or computer did not respond.

I bid with Priceline 01/30/2009 one night $152. in Rio Grand, Puerto Rico area, my bid was declined, however, I was offered a re-bid by changing dates, resort type, or locations. So I changed dates to 02/08/2009 one night, resort, in San Juan area, $145. night.

My bid was accepted, however it was still for the Rio Grand area, not San Juan.

If anyone has any ideas, I am aware Priceline has a non refundable policy. I still need, a hotel for 01/30/2009 in Rio Grand, PR. and 02/08/2009 in San Juan.

I am not new to Priceline I always check before I buy, I bid Priceline for Rio Grande, PR, 01/30/2009 one night $152.00, my bid was declined. I was offered to rebid, by changing dates, lodging type, or area. So I changed dates to 02/08/2009, one night, left resort, and selected San Juan, PR, at $145. night. My bid was accepted, however, it was for Rio Grande, PR, not San Juan. I don't know if my computer did not respond when I selected San Juan, or what may have happened.

Is there anything I can do? I still need one night 01/30/2009, in Rio Grand, and one in san Juan 02/08/2009.

Thanxs for any info...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

Please post the details (ie- name) of the hotel you received and we'll then comment regarding your situation above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 months later...

Update! I worked directly with the Wyndham Rio Mar's reservation manager, they were wonderful. They chnged the arrival date for me, only requesting I advise Priceline of change. Priceline was not as helpful, but after 5 calls, explaining whom to speak to confirming, Wyndham would change my dates. They changed there dates so Wyndham would be paid. :)

I am not new to Priceline I always check before I buy, I bid Priceline for Rio Grande, PR, 01/30/2009 one night $152.00, my bid was declined. I was offered to rebid, by changing dates, lodging type, or area. So I changed dates to 02/08/2009, one night, left resort, and selected San Juan, PR, at $145. night. My bid was accepted, however, it was for Rio Grande, PR, not San Juan. I don't know if my computer did not respond when I selected San Juan, or what may have happened.

Is there anything I can do? I still need one night 01/30/2009, in Rio Grand, and one in san Juan 02/08/2009.

Thanxs for any info...

It sounds to me that like in any rebid, pricline keeps the selections you have made in previous bids and adds the new information to the new bid, ie...you had previously bid in the Rio Grande, PR zone, you added the San Juan, PR zone and changed the date. It maintained both zones in the new bid (your bidding both zones). You could have just made the San Juan bid as a new bid, no free rebid required. I have also learned that I never add an additional zone of the same hotel * level, or above, to a bid sequence. If you do you may over pay for a hotel in the new zone...(you have not bid through the price levels in that added zone). When rebidding in a sequence I will only add zones with lesser * levels than I'm bidding and then you are sure to not get hotels in any of those other zones.

Hope this was helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]