Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Westin

Tairone
By Tairone,
in

Thanks to all the people who contribute to this forum. I am a PL/HW newbie and this forum made it very easy to use. Here are my details for my first PL experience:

I tried numerous bids (from 100 - 125) with varying date changes over the August 6-8 weekend. I gave up trying to extend beyond Fri/Sat nights. I am very happy with the $110 win.

Check-In Date: Friday, August 6, 2004

Check-Out Date: Sunday, August 8, 2004

Your Offer Price: $110.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $220.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $40.52

Total Charges: $260.52

Thank you and I will reply with my experiences upon my return.

I have two nagging thoughts about this reservation. One, I am in Canada so I used the "California, 99999" workaround. I hope this won't be an issue as they have accepted the bid and likely charged my MC. Two, I wonder if the hotel staff will "downgrade" our stay because we used PL. I would think Westin staff are professional enough not to make this an issue.

I wouldn't sweat it.

I have never heard of either Priceline or a hotel mailing anyone anything. Some hotels do descriminate against Priceline/Hotwire customers, but it's not many, and i have heard that this one is just fine. The hotel is actually 2 towers and every room has a nice view... we may not be put on the top floor (although you could always nicely ask upon check-in, "something high up if available would be great")... but we won't be looking at the dumpsters either!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you and I will reply with my experiences upon my return.

I have two nagging thoughts about this reservation. One, I am in Canada so I used the "California, 99999" workaround. I hope this won't be an issue as they have accepted the bid and likely charged my MC. Two, I wonder if the hotel staff will "downgrade" our stay because we used PL. I would think Westin staff are professional enough not to make this an issue.

Your address makes no difference once your credit card is charged. I don't think the hotel even finds any details about the credit card. I've done many Priceline stays as a Canadian customer at hotels in various locations. Just enter your proper Canadian home (or business) address on the form when you check in. Have a credit card ready at check-in for incidentals, of course, but it doesn't matter if it's Canadian, American, or whatever, so long as it is valid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]