Priceline Hotel: 3* Sheraton Tacoma, $29, 3/22 (same day bid)

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I got really lucky as I was supposed to fly out BUT the flight was overbooked and instead, took the $400 Delta voucher. I was pretty sure that I would find a Seattle area hotel accepting on the same day.

This is a great hotel and I was upgraded to their club level with my SPG-gold and had a great 24th floor view of the ocean with breakfast and evening snacks. Weekend parking is free on the street.

Your Offer Price: $29.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $29.00

Taxes: $3.85

Processing Fee: $5.95

Total Charges: $38.80

FANTASTIC!

I always wondered how Priceline would work out in a situation of a cancelled/bumped flight, but also wondered how i'd find internet access in such a situation. Did you have a laptop with you, and if so, how did you connect to the internet?

Thanks for the info.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went straight to the closest Kinko's after renting a car (I had AVIS vouchers so the car was free).

I knew Seattle's prceline offerings extremely well so I was fairly confident to get accepted somewhere. Tacoma was my first choice and I got my acceptance within 30 seconds.

I can't imagine being stuck in similar circumstances but past priceline's deadline for same day bids ... perhaps, I would spend the night in the airport instead fo coughing up so much more for a 1*!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]