AZ Sedona Hilton

cakobau
By cakobau,
in

Stayed at the Hilton Sedona recently (3/18/04, one night) after two nights at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe. (Since that's not the byline here, I won't review the Hyatt at length here, but it was a fine facility, though we had a ground floor 1-bedroom unit with no view of the red rocks.)

Anyway, regarding the Hilton:

The pros:

A spacious suite (not the largest they had, either) with a great view of the red rocks. (Half the rooms face the rocks, the other half view the pool and/or golf course.) We were on the 2nd floor (#2011).

Quiet. We closed the bedroom door and never heard a hallway door slam.

Honored Hilton HHonors membership during the stay and even took the frequent flyer number at checkin, though we didn't get the points or miles. But I mention it because it is indicative of how the checkin staff was very nice. No Priceline discrimination at all. Got the morning newspaper, etc.

No mandatory resort fee. However, if you wanted anything, even the pool, you'd have to pay $10 per room per day.

Came with a microwave and a locked minibar. Sort of odd looking, though: kind of like a kitchenette that wasn't finished.

Gas fireplace.

Balcony, with view of the rocks.

Tastefully appointed (though not as luxurious as the aforementioned Hyatt!)

Free parking.

The cons:

Not in Sedona itself. South of Sedona, at the southern edge of Oak Creek. About 10 to 15 minutes to drive to get to the Sedona town stuff you want. Only 5 minutes to Bell Rock, though.

$10 optional resort fee to use anything, even the pool or weight room.

The restaurant doesn't seem like anything special.

Front desk was understaffed. Very nice and courteous, but harried.

Well worth the $70 plus fees paid during peak season. It felt like a real value for the price. More than that? Not sure...

If you bid for Resorts in Sedona, it seems you'll get the Radisson Poco Diablo or the Hilton Sedona. Between those two, hope for the Hilton.

• 4 years later...

im staying in the hotel as i write this:

I hope you guys dont mind, i am not a priceline or hotwire user, but a busy business traveler, so I think i can add useful information just on the hotels alone. im a diamond at hiltons and platnium at marriotts

Anyway..i am in a one bedroom suite, room 3039. I got in once it was dark, so i really couldnt tell you my view from the balcony. I can tell you i am paying 279 a night, so for the review before this, 70 bucks plus fees is pretty fricken amazing.

I got in at 630pm on a friday night (1/9/2009). No wait, staff is fine. free parking.

the room - (pros)

you walk in, and theres a small round table with 2 chairs.

microwave. small coffee machine, mini bar fridge.

32 inch flat panel tv

gas fireplace

separate room for bedroom

separate sink area

separate toilet/shower

the room - (cons)

the TV is NOT high def, (crappy reception)

the movies run off vhs (i tried twice to watch a movie, it stopped both times in the first 10 minutes)

for the money, i dont think the appointments are that nice, and I think the bedroom is small

no fridge

3039 is a long ass walk from the elevator

anything under 150 a night, id stay here. more than that...lets just say id look for better.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]