Hotwire Hotel: 2* Minot Days Inn

canuckprof
By canuckprof,
in

Got this but was both surprised and unhappy. So much so that I called HOTWIRE. First off, Days Inn doesn't list the business centre so I was sure I wouldn't get Days Inn but one of the other 2* hotels, all of which I would have prefered. The agent called the hotel and indeed they have a computer and fax machine. They have a printer that is "available" for customers. If that may mean a printer in their office a customer may use. It's interesting that today the feature shows up. Additionally, my final price was actually higher than booking directly. For that I loose the flexibility of direct booking. Hotwire's price is $59 while Days Inn is $64 but after fees and taxes, Hotwire is more expensive. Go figure.

It's the first time I have really been disappointed with a HOTWIRE purchase. I will be calling Days Inn to confirm their amenities.

Amenities - pool, breakfast, laundry, Internet and now... business centre

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results. Hopefully your stay will be better than expected... fortunately it's only for one nite and you can stay and 'move on'.

In the future feel free to ask for help if there is a properyt you're unsure of.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts upon your return.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link.

Glad to see you're taking the purchase in stride... i know it can be frustrating, but fortunately just a one nite stay. Not sure if Minot would be considered a "small town", but areas with mostly lower rated hotels, can often be tricky thru the opaque providers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Dive. :)

I arrived in Minot this evening and wanted to post my impressions before some unsuspecting traveller was subjected to this property or Hotwire's inflated rating. I won't bore you with the details but beyond the 70's era decor, the shabby lobby and small room, this is not a 2 star property. I called Hotwire to express my displeasure and then sent an email. I hope. The wireless is glacial and prone to drops. I hope this come through after 10 minutes of waiting for the page to load. I'm insulted that the booking cost me more than direct purchase. Sad, sad, sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow-up. After speaking to and then following up with and email to customer service, I later responded to the regular evaluation request sent out after each stay. I provided a detailed description of the hotel's condition and amenities. HOTWIRE sent me a $50 credit on a future purchase. Kudos to Hotwire for a quality response to a poor stay. As I said to them, I have good to excellent stays in the many hotels booked via Hotwire. This was the first that was a major disappointment. I see that they haven't yet changed the amenities list but I was told they were sending an evaluator to check the motel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]