Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Downtown) Springhill Suites

tilepusher
By tilepusher,
in

I bid as follows:

2.5* DT $54 (counteroffer of +$15)

added Lake Union $56

2.5* DT + Everett $58 (counteroffer of +$17)

added Lake Union $59 -- accepted at Springhill Suites.

The total came to $212.00 after taxes and fees. The rate on Marriott.com was $139/night.

I had been bidding for a room in Downtown Seattle since early April; the rates at several of the hotels that come up frequently on Priceline were not particularly high (by Seattle standards), so I decided to keep my bidding low and wait for the right deal. It took a lot longer than I thought, but I'm relieved that my patience paid off.

I started my bids from the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you did your homework and continued with your lowball strategy since you found rates to be low for your dates... it paid off nicely!

Thank you for sharing yoru results with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, Colfax.

The process was complicated by the fact that I was also trying to get room(s) for two other people that I'm travelling down to Seattle with (they were willing to share a room, as long as it had two beds). They were willing to bid up to $90/night for one room, and I probably could have gotten a 3* for about $70 a month ago; but since I thought we could do better, and I couldn't be sure that any room I booked would have two beds, I held off. One of them was getting rather antsy when I still hadn't closed the deal with less than two weeks to go; I did my best to assure him that I knew what I was doing, but I was praying that I hadn't messed up. Thankfully, everything worked out in the end; I was able to book two more rooms at the Springhill Suites for the same rate (I used the PRICELINE link for that bid as well).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]