Priceline Hotel: Late september, is it too early to bid?

Campofiorin
By Campofiorin,
in

We'll pe spending ten days in CA this september and I've begun looking for a room in SF. We'll be there from 09/19 to 09/23 (4 nights) and back again 09/26 to 09/28 (2 nights).

I've tried bidding for a 4* in both USE and USW to no avail. Through all the possibilities, the highest offer that was rejected was $110. I know that the Holiday Inn at Fisherman'S Wharf goes for $74 on HOTWIRE but we'd prefer to be downtown and steer clear from the touristy spot. So, is it too early to bid for september or should we expect to simply pay more than we'd expected?

Thanks for any input and recommandations.

Please only post one stay per thread, this let's us keep them separate (and straight) and easier to keep track of what has been tried for each dates. As well, enables us to ultimately reflect the details of the win in the topic title of each thread. We'll use this thread for your first stay of 9/19-9/23... feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the second stay.

Pending any major event or convention (none that i'm aware of but others more local to the area may chime in with something happening), it's not too early to be bidding, but probably too early to be bidding any higher than you have been.

I think you've got the right idea... hold your current limit at $110, if you can get a deal at that price take it and be 'done'... but don't chase it at this stage of the game.

Also, i wouldn't be bidding any more often than once every 1-2 weeks at this point as you'll like just get frustrated.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (NOTE: if you're bidding both sets of dates at the same time, and have success for the first set of dates, please return here and click our PRICELINE link again as we'll only get credit for the first sale after the click, so by returning here after a successful bid and clicking our link again we'll be sure to get credit for both)

Thanks, keep us udpated or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]