Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver May 30 -June 5th, 2008

just-curious
By just-curious,
in

My friend and I are desperately trying to get a 4* hotel for less than $150 in Vancouver May 30 -June 5th, 2008.

We have been patiently bidding higher and higher on Priceline for the past few weeks, starting at $85 (like some folks have supposedly got!). We have now reached our cap of $150.

We don't quite know what to do and are feeling a bit frantic. We don't want to bid 3*, because we really don't want to end up with Plaza for a week -- it's not in downtown Vancouver...

Hotwire during those dates has nothing downtown for our price.

Should we just continue bidding on priceline for $150 -- do prices drop closer to the date?

Any other advice?

thanks.

You may want to consider splitting your bid, for the weekend portion of your stay for example on HOTWIRE

the Pan pacific and Delta are available. HOTWIRE also has availability for the weeknight part of your stay. You always have the option of waiting to see if more inventory comes up, but if your anxious to get it booked I would try splitting the weekend vs weeknight part of your stay.

I see they have a 3* in Vancouver West for $144 tho. It has pool and kitchenette. What do you think that is?

If the one you're referring to has these amenities: smoke free rooms, complementary breakfast, fitness, pool, restaurant, laundry, high-speed Internet, kitchenette, it's probably the Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown.

Good point. :) But the hotels listed are still above 150$ :)

I see they have a 3* in Vancouver West for $144 tho. It has pool and kitchenette. What do you think that is?

Don't worry about the cost on Hotwire, they can be quite a bit more expensive than Priceline. I would just try bidding on the split dates up to your limit and see if your able to secure anything.

What are the full list of amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property?

Are the dates for which this appears your complete stay or a sub-set? (if the latter, for which dates does this appear)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend and I are bidding at almost the same time as you. We aren't have any luck either. We even tried bidding on 3 stars with a max bid of $63 because we seen that people got $60 and below but no hotel budged. Hopefully as it gets closer hotels will be a bit cheaper but you never know.

If you notice anything please post it and I will do the same :)

There is a major conference, hosting 7-10,000 people, going on in Vancouver from May 31st to June 8. This is followed by a large triathlon. I think most every room in town is booked up by now (I know that I booked a hotel--not with HOTWIRE or PRICELINE--back in January for several nights during this period and then tried to add an extra night at the same hotel a few weeks ago but could only get it for almost three times the price), so I think you might have to lower your star level or raise your price for your dates. The Plaza 500 is not in too terrible a location, with very easy access to downtown, though of course it is not directly downtown. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]