Priceline Hotel: 4* Charleston (Downtown) Renaissance

tufty2000
By tufty2000,
in

I've been bidding higher and higher amounts over several days (and adding zones) for a 3* and above room for Charleston for the weekend of 5/17-5/19. I've bid from $90 to $145, and now include downtown, Ashley River and Isle of Palms as acceptable zones. I keep getting shot down. It must be a popular weekend (I believe they are having the maritime festival).

Any idea what it would take to get a room? I'm thinking of going down to 2.5 stars although I really like having a workout facility.

Thanks.

If you're willing to accept the Ashley River zone then HOTWIRE has a 3* propety in this area for $139 (less than you've already bid) believe to be the Holiday Inn (if this would work for your needs... Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if the above would work and if so how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, after days of bidding and failing, I finally got a hotel in Charleston -- the Renaissance Charleston for $165 a night in the downtown/historic district.

That's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it's about $120 less than they quoted on their website. I wanted to be downtown, and the Renaissance is a 4 star according to PRICELINE so I think it's a decent deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]