Priceline Hotel: Need Help With Marco Island

jjshanahan
By jjshanahan,
in

I am new to this website and I've never been brave enough to try Priceline or Hotwire. The thing is I pretty much know what I want and don't know if it is possible to get it.

We are looking to go to Marco Island the middle to end of July, dates are flexible, we will stay 7 or 8 nights. I've been to Marco Island before and stayed at the Radisson and loved it. What I'm looking for is a gulf front 3 or 4* hotel or resort. With a room that is gulf view. It seems from Priceline that I don't know if it will be on the beach or not and if so have a view. Am I missing something?

I need some direction.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You've got it mostly right... rooms are assigned 'run of house' which basically means they'll be assigned according to what's available at check-in. As well, if a gulf view room is considered a 'premium room' (with a higher rate than their standard room) then i would say your chances of gettng one diminish.

As for location, i would think that a resort property in this area would be on the gulf, but no guarantees. If a gulf location is important to you (and you can forgo the room assignment) then you may want to give Hotwire a try... they'll show you amenities before you bid and one of the options is 'Beachfront' (not to be confused with 'Beach Access')... so finding one with that amenity should ensure you a beachfront property.

If you supply your potential dates we can probably help further. We're not restricted here to Priceline and Hotwire... most of us are true 'bargain hunters' and may be able to help you find what you're looking for at a price you weren't aware of.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As a homeowner in Marco Island there is only three major hotels there. They are Marriott, Raddison, and Hilton. They are all on the beach. All have beach front rooms but are premium prices. They also have beach view rooms which I believe will satisfy you. The Radisson and Hilton are extended out on the sides and they consider all of their rooms beach view. You will have a view but not a full view. Priceline lists a 2* and I would not no where that would be as there really aren't any more hotels there. The only ones I can think of a very small independent hotels. It seems as the Radisson comes up mostly on Priceline but mostly there rooms are suites but usually on Priceline they give you just a regular room which are very nice. Good luck in bidding. It is really hot there in July but beautiful. Shouldn't be that crowded.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]