Picking up rental car from somewhere close to Penn Station

mmhassa2
By mmhassa2,
in

So I have searched this board and all over the web to find something that works for us and got no where.

Seems like hotwire is the cheapest for us ($143 incl) but you can only pick up the car from the airports? Any way to get around this?

Basically we need to pick up the car from somewhere thats walking distance from Penn station and we need it a bit later than most places are open. (around 8-9PM)

Here's our itenerary:

Get to Penn station around 8-9pm on June 1st (Sunday). Need the car until June 4th around 7-8PM.

What are our options since we need:

Cheap price

Late pickup

Close to Penn station

Can you please post what you did purchase for the Montreal Stay since you indicate you used HOTWIRE and the dates of that stay have passed. Once you reply there with the details of your purhase (which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page) we'll edit the topic title accordingly and move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lowest I can see from 4 major rental car companies is $220.

Avis, Hertz, and National have special rates for pickup on Sunday night in New York and drop off Monday at EWR - but I would assume (haven't checked) that the 2 day one way EWR -> Manhattan would cost quite a bit so you wouldn't be close to the $140 quote you already got.

Szymon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]