Priceline Hotel: Hlep needed with bidding strategy

stupot
By stupot,
in

Can anyone suggest a bidding strategy for my stay in Seattle? I am a new user to Priceline.

I am looking to book a 2* or possibly 2.5* hotel in Seattle for the 07/12/08 - 07/15/08. These travel dates are fixed. Because my stay is short I'm ideally looking for a room in Downtown so I can be as near to the main attractions as possible.

I submitted a bid of $50 for a 3* for Downtown which was rejected (I knew this was not really a realistic bid) just so I could could get a feel of how Priceline works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have seen bids won at prices ranging from $65 to $99 per night. Those were for May and June dates. I would think that with the amount of time you have you can increase your bid in $10 increments and see how you do. As I was planning for a wedding I don't think you can book on a typical site such as Orbitz for less than about $150 a night. The Westin, a 4*, is probably available at $120 a night.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The "main" tourist area of Downtown is by Pike Place Market and this is the prefered section of the city to stay. The "other" tourist area is by the Space Needle and this is less desirable (to most). Unfortunately PRICELINE includes both of these areas in one "downtown" zone, so when bidding on priceline you could end up in either area (although all 4* hotels thus far have been in the more desirable Pike Place area).

Is either area acceptable to you? If not, HOTWIRE may be a better option, while although it often costs a little more than PRICELINE, they split this are up into two different zones (Pike Place Market zone and Space Needle zone) which would enable you to determine which area your hotel will be located in.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Either area is acceptable although I would prefer Pike Place Market. However, the Space Needle would be fine as an alternative if I got a good price. From what I have read, both locations offer a good base to see the main tourist sites.

After doing some research most sites seem to be offering rooms for nothing less than $180 so if I got a deal for $99 a night I'd be more than happy.

Its several weeks until I travel so slowly increasing my bid by up to $10 increments sounds like a good plan.

I will use the PRICELINE link for my bidding

From what I have read, both locations offer a good base to see the main tourist sites
Personally i would avoid the Space Needle zone as it can get a bit "seedy" at nite, imo. I felt pretty safe walking the Pike Place downtown area at all hours, but in the evening, i'm pretty sure the area around the Needle can get a bit shady.

This may be very different than what you're currently seeking, but i think you can probably get a 4* hotel in the Pike Place Downtown area for just a bit more than your $99 budget, if that is something you'd be itnerested in trying for.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

In the end it's your stay and budget, so let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise according.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]