Additional Driver for Dollar or Priceline?

abwhitney
By abwhitney,
in

Hello,

I got a great quote for an SUV using Dollar through a third party. It's for a 21 day trip, but now I find out if I want to be legit and let me wife drive, we'll have to pay an extra $210 (10/day)!! This to me is ridiculous.

Does anyone know of a coupon code to get this covered for free?

If the answer is no, here's my second option. I found a similar deal on Priceline for about $60 more. But on priceline (where I'm bidding) it says it could come from one of the 5 companies they use.

Does anyone know if there's an additional fee using PRICELINE for the reservation? This could basically add 30% back onto our budget for this.

Thanks everyone.

1) please note that we're an affiliate of Dollar and please use our links (this and others found in our support page) to begin your reservation/purchase

2) see this Car Rental Additional Driver thread

3) if you PRICELINE or HOTWIRE the reservation, you'll be subject to the terms (and prices) of whichever rental car company you receive

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. we are bj's members. where do i get that code? online?

we're picking up the car at 12:05am on 6/18 and bringing it back july 8th (we have an 11:35pm flight. at mccaran airport.

the only dollar codes i see on bjs site is free day, free gps day and free class upgrade. none of which help me. we have our own gps. we want an midsize suv, nothing bigger. and a free day is much less of savings than free additional driver.

• 2 weeks later...

where did you see that? i went to BJs.com and their Dollar deals don't include the additional driver. I tried calling them but they always direct me to dollar's hotline with my BJ's code. no luck.

besides dollar, what codes do people know of that are the best for a 3 week trip (mid-size SUV)?

I see there are hundreds of codes for all rental car places. it's a big maze to me

If you go to BJ's, you will find the Dollar code is BJ3013.

You go to Dollar.com, put in the code under "corporate", and on the "step 3" page you will see the following: "INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR " which means 1 free additional driver is included.

I tried this for your dates, but unfortunately dollar.com does not show the midsize SUV to be eligible for the BJ's discount.

Regular rate is $640.28 at dollar.com without the additional driver.

If you go to VacationOutlet.com, click on car rentals, and use the Alamo link, you will see a $15 off Alamo coupon. Click through that and you will get 1 free additional driver included. Total for a midsize SUV for your dates is $626.83.

Szymon

hey thanks dude. here's the thing. My wife now reminds me of the crappy gas mileage of SUVs. She now wants a prius from hertz (or anyone else if they have one in las vegas). They get much better mileage and she really likes them.

any chance you know of a hertz green collection deal or weekly deal that works with the prius? the best I can see is $210/week with the hertz car and driver code. I can't find any PC codes that match up.

sorry for the extra work. plus we test drove a jeep liberty yesterday and my wife hated it. too rough for her.

also that quote said this: Rentals that require Additional Drivers must be completed at the Alamo counter,

or via Online Check-In or Save Time. It doesn't say whether or not it includes an additional driver though.

thanks again!

also that quote said this: Rentals that require Additional Drivers must be completed at the Alamo counter,

or via Online Check-In or Save Time. It doesn't say whether or not it includes an additional driver though.

You need to click through the Alamo reservation process to the page where you see the final quote. On that page, up top, you will see (1) additional driver included.

On the Alamo page where you pick the car, scroll down to the drop down at the bottom - there you can select "midsize hybrid" which is the Prius. The rate with the additional driver is $657.31 total.

Not sure how much driving you'll be doing and whether the Prius is worth the savings. A fullsize from Hertz is $424.30 total for example - so you're paying $230 for the priviledge of the Prius.

Szymon

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]