Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Maui Prince

srmaui
By srmaui,
in

I have never booked on either site before but have a trip to Maui comnig up and would like to. My preference would be to bid on priceline, and see if that comes thruogh - if not hotwire looks like a good option. We want to stay in Wailea Sept. 13- 20. Currently priceline does not have any 4 stars listed for the area - resorst only. What "resorts" would that be? We are interetsed in at least a 4-star....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see Resort properties in this zone that have been reported to the board by viewing our Priceline Hotel List for this area. (keep in mind, as per the comments at the top of the hotel list, that the list should never be considered finite and that you coudl be the first to report a new hotel or a hotel already on the list but at a new star level)

If you're comfortable with the process and ready to give PRICELINE a try let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would work your way up towards $200.. but not start there. With time on your side you want to try some lowballing first...

When bidding the Resort star category in Maui you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

Don't get discouraged if the above is rejected, simply post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours. As mentioned above, you want to try some bids at the low end of the range first.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK-I think I got the concept, but the highest category in Maui is a 3 star. So if I bid on resort in one area, and get rejected, I can't then bid on resort in another area - is that correct? I will be foreced to bid on a 3 star-or I can choose another resort in a different area?

Thanks again for all the help!!

OK-I think I got the concept, but the highest category in Maui is a 3 star. So if I bid on resort in one area, and get rejected, I can't then bid on resort in another area - is that correct? I will be foreced to bid on a 3 star-or I can choose another resort in a different area?

Thanks again for all the help!!

I'm not sure i completely understand your question... i believe the answer that you're looking for is that you can bid on a 3* in one area and then bid o a Resort hotel in another area (although you may have to close the browser and re-access PRICELINE in order to do so).

If you provide us a specific example, including zone names, of what you're refering to above we'll try to provide a more definitive answer and what steps you may need to take to accomplish what you're trying to achieve.

I think you will be very happy with this hotel. Just recently under went a refurbish and the reviews are all positive. I personally like the beach the hotel is on, arguably the best in Maui, not over crowded and very peaceful, unlike Kaanapali beach which can get over run at times with tourist and cruise ship passengers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]