Priceline Hotel: Fredericksburg?

wliwlCindy
By wliwlCindy,
in

It's likely two-fold...

1) not a lot (any) users are looking to stay in this area... not exactly a tourist destination

2) the hotels which do participate may not discount very much and booking direct becomes a better option than risking the 'unknown' via PRICELINE (as this user bidding fredericksburg ended up doing)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help. (NOTE: if you do book direct, we have links to most major hotel chains in our support page... and you can also use our BetterChecker to assist in your rate search)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Bids:

May 6, 2008 I bid $60 for 2 1/2*, bid failed. No other zones to add. Waited 24 hours to rebid.

May 7, 2008 I bid $65 for 2 1/2*, bid failed.

May 9, 2008 I bid $70 for 2 1/2*. Came back saying I could bid $22 higher and get a room.

Rather than pay $92 for an unknown hotel we opted for the Hampton on 1080 Hospitality Lane because friends were staying there. That cost $107 auto club rate. (Not including taxes.)

(I should note that I saw two other winning bids in Fredericksburg from last fall for $65)

Rather than pay $92 for an unknown hotel we opted for the Hampton on 1080 Hospitality Lane...

Glad you found something that works for your needs.

Please note, as per our support page, that we're an affiliate of the Hampton Inn as well as most other major hotel chains.

In addition to our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, please check the suport page for your hotel direct purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Fredericksburg is a very important town for people interested in the Civil War. The nearby battlefields include Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Spotsylvania, and the Wilderness and all are part of the National Park System. Rocky and I had a great three day visit.

HOTWIRE has a 2.5 star for $48 with restaurant fitness pool laundry and WIFI

It is the Ramada Inn and Conference Center located on the south side of town. The restaurant was okay, but we had most of our breakfasts at Waffle House which is within walking distance. The hotel is a dumpy old Holiday Inn Holi-dome, but I found it rather charming in a rather retro fashion. The rooms were clean and quiet if a bit shop-worn. The public areas were right out of the Seventies! The price was very reasonable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]