Priceline Hotel: Please help with hotel for 4/26

87wrangler
By 87wrangler,
in

Last night, I bid up to $270 in MTW, UM, and TS zones for 4* and up to $235 for the same zones for 3* with no bites. I was close with the 3* - got an offer to up bid by $25 when I bid $220, but I decided not to go any higher. Seems like a really tough night. I'm kicking myself for not booking the W Hotel last month for $250 conventionally when it was available.

Given kgclark75's rejected bids do you want to adjust your maximum bid?

Do you have a cancellable back-up anyplace? (if so, where and how much)

EDIT to Add: just re-read the thread and you're looking for triple occupancy... PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, but it's considered by most to bid NYC for triple occupancy as many of the hotel rooms only have one bed and no room for a roll-away. I assume HOTWIRE (which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy) doesn't have anything in your budget when searching for triple occupancy?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks kgclark. There's only two of us now so if we can get a place with double beds, we'd be all set. Going to talk to my buddy to see if he's okay with $250. Think it's worth taking a shot on Priceline anyway? Thanks everyone for your help.

A friend of mine told me the Tribeca Film Festival is this weekend so that could be part of why getting a hotel for cheap is so tough.

-87W

I'd also clear it with your buddy that he'd be ok with sharing a bed as i think it's likely should you receive the W New York.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes and what you ultimately do for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

My friend (on a whim) went on the Waldorf Astoria site the night before we were thinking of leaving and they had rooms with two double beds for less than $300. He was all jazzed about staying there so we booked it directly through their site. Nice location but the hotel/rooms are definitely outdated and you're definitely paying for the name. We still had a great time in the city though so it all worked out. Thanks for all your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]