MA Boston Westin Copley

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Stayed here in Feb. '02.

I had read on the internet to try for a room with a river view so i asked but was told it was an extra $20, so i passed on their offer. I don't know if it was because i didn't have a Starwood Preferred Card or perhaps the check-in girl was new and doing everything by the rules (she seemed to be speaking to me according to the hotel's pre-fabricated script, rather than having a conversation with me). I don't think it had to do with occupancy, because the hotel seemed VERY empty.

The bed was great, with a big feather bed under the sheets, and there were 2 shower heads in the bathtub (a plus in my book, my biggest complaint at most hotels is lack of water pressure). Unfortunatley, our room was located across from some employee closet, so everytime somebody went into that room our door rattled a bit (i'm sure i could've asked to be moved, but i didn't bother). Also, immediately after we arrived in our room, housekeeping came in (for what purpose i still can't figure out). Shortly thereafter, somebody else came in to replace an iron (i imagine the iron was supposed to be in the room but wasn't... we didn't call down for it). We were looking to relax for a bit and it felt like Grand Central Station.

Overall the stay was nice, some rave about this hotel, and although i thought it was perfectly acceptable, i wouldn't describe it as one of the best hotels i've stayed in. It did have a decent fitness center for a hotel, and it's a good hotel to get thru Priceline at $61/nite (probably another hotel that if i was there at traditional rates i'd ask "why?", but on Priceline i left a happy customer). Overnight parking at the hotel and most of the immediate area is $32 per 24 hours.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 years later...

We stayed at the Westin Copley the 20-24 June and are looking forward to our August trip back. The hotel was a huge convention style hotel, but the service was top rate and personal. We got a room with a view of the Charles River (although the windows were dirty, which detracted a bit). Two queen beds, room to move around, a small table, easy chair, desk with chair, closet with iron/board, and safe. Bathroom with toiletries and a robe. Room service was expensive, but quick and as taste as you normally get from room service. The room/bath were immaculate, except the exterior of the windows. We had interactions with the bell captain, housekeeping, room service, front desk and concierge. All were friendly and clearly were there to make our stay enjoyable.

Taxi to hotel was about $35. Airport van service was $14 per person.

Loved the location in Back Bay, in the complex of hotels, up-scale malls, and cthe Hynes Convention Center. I recommend this hotel!

• 3 years later...

Stayed here for a couple of nights 8/9/11-8/11/11. We had been vacationing in Maine for a week. Dropped my wife and 11 y.o. grandson off at the hotel and took the rental car back at Gov. Ctr. Rode the 'T' back to hotel, called wife to see if she got checked in ok. She gave me a room number, and she said that they had a surprise. Evidently, the registration clerk took a liking to my grandson (he is a charmer), and we were upgraded to a corner junior suite on 29th floor with great views of the city and the bay. Since I got the room for $150/nt. on Priceline, I was very impressed. I am a Starwood Preferred member, and that might have had something to do with it. Walked around looking for a place for dinner, and we happened on a fun restaurant, "Fire and Ice". It's an updated version of a mongolian bbq where you pick from lots of food choices, and then they cook it on a huge circular grill. All you can eat really enticed my grandson. Fortunately, we got there a little before the big crowd. Very fun place to take an energetic, hungry, young boy.

We also took a fun evening tour, "Graveyards and Ghosts" next to the aquarium on our last night. Our "host", Mercy, kept us in stitches with her sketches about the ghosts and other horror stories of Boston. Grandson loved it.

I might add that since this is our 7th or 8th trip to Boston (our daughter went to school there), we native Californians would like to compliment Bostonians on their hospitality, warmth, and helpfulness. I've visited many major cities of this country and the world. I give Boston the highest marks for being 'visitor friendly'. Plus, the food's great.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]