Priceline Hotel: 3* Saddle Brook (Teaneck-Ft. Lee) Marriott Glnpnt

mtohio
By mtohio,
in

Just got the following as our Pre Queen Mary 2 depart from NYC Cruise one night stay.

As I did NOT see any 3* re-bid opportunities, I bid a bit higher than usual -- as I would NOT have a chance to re-bid in 72 hours. This reservation was booked within 48 hours of the stay. If you had the time [and re-bids] I would probably start around $50.

Check-In Date: Thursday, June 10, 2004

Check-Out Date: Friday, June 11, 2004

Hotel Name: Marriott At Glenpointe

100 Frank W Burr Blvd

Teaneck,

I'm familiar with this area if you need help with anything.

Hotel is sort of in an office complex area. Nothing within walking distance but if you have a car the 'main street' of Teanck (Cedar Lane) is about 3 miles away and has some family owned restaurants and the like.

Curious if you bid other areas first as this isn't an area most look at for a pre-cruise stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes,

It is a little unusual for a pre-cruise stay... but...

I grew up in Fort Lee, and most recently we lived in Closter, NJ.

Turns out that one of our good friends who lives in Leonia has offered for us to leave our car for the duration of the cruise at her house [as we are driving from Cincinnati --- too much airfare for 6 people] -- and she is driving us to the pier on Friday afternoon.

So, we basically wanted a place to crash when we get in at 1AM that was close to Leonia/Fort Lee --- and the area is so nostagic for me.

Unfortunately, I sometimes don't plan everything in advance, and left myself with a situation where I really needed to win my first bid.

... but based upon your situation it appears that this is a great scenario for you.

I thought you were flying into the area and wouldn't have a car, in which case a taxi would be expensive as well as not much to do in the area without transportation at your disposal.

Maybe one stop at Bischoff's before the cruise to get the kids some ice cream?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]