Priceline Hotel: 4* Detroit (Dearborn) Hyatt

gojays_1
By gojays_1,
in

Hello,

Need a room in Dearborn for two nights beginning June 6. Any advice on where to start bidding for 2.5 *? Or the 4*?

Could not find any listed winning bids recently.

I thought there was another hotel at the 2.5* level besides Courtyard. We got stuck there last time. I much prefer the Courtyard.

Thanks

Hi 'there',

I've never bid for a 4 star before but I am not averse to bidding for one. We base our decision on price, but also on location, amenities of the hotels, etc.

Is the Priceline Hotel list on this site accurate? Last time we bid for a 2.5 star in Dearborn, we got stuck somewhere else that was not a very nice area. Cannot remember which one it was. We only want the Courtyard for the 2.5.

Maximum bid for 4* would be $65 and maximum bid for 2.5 would be $50.

We base our decision on price, but also on location, amenities of the hotels, etc.
With PRICELINE you don't know the location, amenities, etc before you offer your price.
Is the Priceline Hotel list on this site accurate? Last time we bid for a 2.5 star in Dearborn, we got stuck somewhere else that was not a very nice area. Cannot remember which one it was.
It's as accurate as all the hotels reported to the board... if you didn't, nor anyone else, report another 2.5* hotel to the board then we'd have no way of knowing about it to add to the Hotel List.

Is this previously won 2.5* property still shown in the MY TRIPS section of your PRICELINE account?

We only want the Courtyard for the 2.5.
You can't bid on a specific hotel, and based upon your quote above, do you not want to bid the 2.5* level?

Although no hotels have been reported, there is also 3* bidding available in this zone, are you willing to bid this star rating?

Lastly, HOTWIRE has a 3* offered in this zone for $64/nite and while it has not yet been identified, it does have a 4.5/5.0 user review rating from TripAdvisor, which would imply that it's a "good" hotel and i would think you could 'safely' purchase that and not be disappointed.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE you don't know the location, amenities, etc before you offer your price.

Generally you can find that info out if you cross reference the star level, location and hotel list from your web site. Sometimes there are only 1 or 2 hotels at a particular location for a particular star rating.

It's as accurate as all the hotels reported to the board... if you didn't, nor anyone else, report another 2.5* hotel to the board then we'd have no way of knowing about it to add to the Hotel List.

Is this previously won 2.5* property still shown in the MY TRIPS section of your PRICELINE account?

I could not find it in MY TRIPS section. We stayed there several years ago.

You can't bid on a specific hotel, and based upon your quote above, do you not want to bid the 2.5* level?

No you cannot bid on a specific hotel, but if there is only one listed, I think you know what you're getting.

Although no hotels have been reported, there is also 3* bidding available in this zone, are you willing to bid this star rating?

Dont' like bidding for a star level if I don't see the hotels listed on your site.

Lastly, HOTWIRE has a 3* offered in this zone for $64/nite and while it has not yet been identified, it does have a 4.5/5.0 user review rating from TripAdvisor, which would imply that it's a "good" hotel and i would think you could 'safely' purchase that and not be disappointed.

I don't used HOTWIRE

Usually you can determine which hotels you can get from your Priceline hotel list.

I could not find it. It was several years ago. I decided to try for the 4* to make sure we get a good hotel.

I think we'll go for the 4* rather than risk getting a 3* when we don't know which ones we will get.

I tried to get the 4* today, using your link of course, and got up to $62 without success. I'll try in a couple of days and raise my bid.

"With PRICELINE you don't know the location, amenities, etc before you offer your price."

That is true, but if you look at the hotel list on this board, you get a pretty good indication of what hotels are available, and then go from there.

"Is this previously won 2.5* property still shown in the MY TRIPS section of your PRICELINE account?"

No it is no longer in the 'My Trips' section. I got it several years ago.

"You can't bid on a specific hotel, and based upon your quote above, do you not want to bid the 2.5* level?"

We are bidding for the 4* as we don't want to risk getting the 2.5 star that we did not like last time, even though it's not listed on your hotel list. Also, both the 4* hotels were recently renovated.

"Although no hotels have been reported, there is also 3* bidding available in this zone, are you willing to bid this star rating?

Lastly, HOTWIRE has a 3* offered in this zone for $64/nite and while it has not yet been identified, it does have a 4.5/5.0 user review rating from TripAdvisor, which would imply that it's a "good" hotel and i would think you could 'safely' purchase that and not be disappointed."

We don't want to risk bidding for a 3* as none are listed. We like to know which ones we might get before bidding, that is why we like this site so much. There are some good areas of Dearborn, and some not so good areas of Dearborn; so we like to research the location of each hotel.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Dearborn...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Dearborn and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]