SUV or Van Rental - questions

bkcadavis
By bkcadavis,
in

Hi I have never rented a car before so I'm a little lost at this. I have a couple of coupons for 10% off and a double upgrade coupon through Enterprise. What does double upgrade mean? Does it mean that I can go up two vehicle classes or does it mean I can move up to a larger vehicle such as an SUV?

We need a vehicle from Peoria, IL May 10 thru the 18th. I'm not sure where to being so if anyone can give me some pointers I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Kristen

Welcome to BetterBidding!

SUVs and Vans are "car classes" so you should get the rate of "two car classes" under each of these categories. Even with these type of coupons, you may be able to do better thru PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE.

First thing to do is to use the Car Rental Rate Checker to find the best rate you can... make sure that Enterprise is competitive after the coupon.

Then search HOTWIRE and see what they are offering.

Let us know the best rate you're able to find thru the above, and then we'll suggest an approach to use PRICELINE to beat the best available rate you're able to find.

Let us know what you find or any questions regarding the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While I cannot comment on your specific coupon, I've never seen a rental company coupon that would allow an upgrade to an SUV or minivan. The Enterprise coupons I've seen state "economy through full size cars only".

Note you will usually not be able to combine the 10% off discount with the upgrade coupon.

Enterprise.com prices out SUV's/vans at $365.68 total for your dates for the 8 day rental. If you rent from Hertz for 9 days (returning Monday, as they are closed on Sunday), you can get a midsize SUV for $344.25 total using the Southwest Airlines frequent flier discount number 205418 and the $30 off coupon from hertz.com (115275).

Szymon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]