Priceline Hotel: Bidding 4* in the Freemont St. Zone

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

I've noticed that the Golden Nugget, the only 4* that has come up in the Freemont St. zone, generally has high Priceline rates relative to what you can get directly from the hotel website. (Or Expedia as well, as it appears that the new owners have ditched the in-house reservation system concept and simply linked Expedia to goldennuget.com.)

The hotel direct rates are often surprisingly low and may also include extras such as show tickets, sometimes making the deal better than Priceline in the final analysis. In addition, the GN has a generous frequent stay program called Private Arrangement, where you can get one free night after staying as few as four nights, available only to those who book direct (and apparently who also have signed up for membership beforehand).

For these reasons, I would advise those considering using Priceline for a 4* bid in the Freemont St. zone to be doubly sure to check rates and special offers at goldennuget.com first.

...it appears that the new owners have ditched the in-house reservation system concept and simply linked Expedia to goldennuget.com

Learned last nite that his may have something to do with history...

The new owners actually gained their fortune as the founders of Travelscape... who eventually sold their business to Expedia!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FWIW, the Golden Nugget is the only place I would consider staying downtown. I always check their web rates first before bidding because of the points made by travelguy. I have, however, goten it on priceline for $60 when the regular rate was over $100. Show tickets don't interest us, just saving $$.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]