How much are you bending over for gas

Jason's Storm
By Jason's Storm,
in

It's about 20 cents a gallon more where I am at, but I have a Shell Mastercard and they give 5% back, so that is about 18 cents at current prices. Some Shell stations around here cost more, but others are at the low end. With the 5% back they are unbeatable. I don't understand why everybody that can qualify for one doesn't have one...

I did see an offer for 7% off for 6 months at 76 stations if you apply for one of their gas cards (not a credit card) There is a $35 maximum benefit. So that is only $500 worth of gas - 130 - 140 gallons I guess? Not a whole lot of gas for me. Not sure it is worth the trouble...

But the Shell Mastercard is a winner.

Yea, but the Euro goes farther than the dollar and all the difference in cost goes to taxes which the government would have to collect from you in some other way if they didn't collect it on gas. Your other taxes would have to be higher to make up the difference if your gas was the same price as ours and the government wanted to maintain the same levels of spending on services. Energy should not be wasted, but it is wasted in the US all the time. Having that high price has encouraged more efficient cars and transportation systems, too, compared to the waste and sprawl we have to contend with here... :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]