Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Westin

Coleco
By Coleco,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's never too early to bid as long as your plans are firm and you don't overbid. For a further discussion see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you're ready to bid now let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow. (i assume you're looking to bid for a 4* up to your limit and then try for a 3* up to your limit)?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm definitely ready to bid now. I'm hoping for 4* and not more than $110.00/night. I'd also pay up to $90 right now for 3*.

Copley

Financial

Waterfront

I'll be here as a tourist and will take anyones criticism on these not being the right places to stay. Copley is my choice as I'd like to get to Fenway for a game or two.

Thanks

Coleco

I'm not a Boston expert, but i think the Waterfront area is a little less convenient than the other two zones... i would probably bid the first two zones first to see if i could get anything in those areas before adding the Waterfront, but as i said, i'm not an expert in this area and don't know the needs of your particular stay.

Let us know if you'd like to include the Waterfront area in your first round of bidding or not and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Coleco - I also am no expert on Boston, but we have been numerous times as it is not too far away for us & its a GREAT city to visit. I will agree with Theruare on the zones you should lean towards. Fanueil Hall-Quincy-Financial is good & also Copley-Theatre. These 2 zones put you very accessable to both the "green & red lines" of the MBTA subway system of Boston. These 2 zones are the main 2 lines to get you to most places you will want to visit like Fenway, Quincy Mkt, etc.... Waterfront should be a back up as it is on the silver/gray line & is a little father out of the way to be the most convienient. Might I also suggest that you research into the MBTA 7 day visitors pass which will allow you unlimited access to the public transportation system for Boston. I can only suggest that you will NOT need your car to get around if you plan on seeing the sights within Boston. The MBTA system will get you to most everywhere you need to be, & parking within the city (including the hotels you will hopefully win is EXPENSIVE to say the least and is on average $40-45 dollars per day just to park the car at the hotel) so what we try & do is park at one of the "outer T stations" like Riverside(one end of green line) or Alewife (one end of red line) & go into the city for the 3 days that way. If you have alot of baggage that might not work for you, so you should fully think this over & reserach the MBTA web site for limitations and/or info to guide you through this. I hope you are successful in your winning as you will definately enjoy Boston. If you like Italian food, be sure to go to the "North End" for dinner one night - it is fantastic!!! Our favorite place is Giacamo's...but be aware you WILL wait in line outside to get in...that is a popular spot with everyone, but it is fantastic!!! ENJOY!!!!

I appreciate everyone's help. It is a first trip for my wife and I and we'll be flying in from Wisconsin. Based on your feedback, I would exclude the waterfront from our list. We are looking to use public transportation while we are there.

Any strategy help is appreciated and our 2 priorities will be Copley and then the financial district.

Thanks again for the help and I'm anxious to post a win!!

Coleco

Coleco - good luck in your bidding for a win - just one more FYI - seeing as to how you are from Wisconsin, just wanted to give you a heads up on Red Sox games - hopefully you have scored on some tickets already as it is very hard to get tix for the Sox especially on a weekend....they are playing at home against Baltimore during your stay, so maybe you should look for some tix before your trip. otherwise you will be looking to try & scalp tickets outside Fenway.....yes I luv my Red Sox!!! :)

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley and Financial...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I'm sure you're not surprised that I won the Westin Copley for $110.00/night. I hope it's a great stay. It seems like the location is fantastic. Anyone that has stayed should feel free to let me know how it was! Thank for providing a great service and letting us link to PRICELINE. I wish I had more places to book, betterbidding makes this fun!

Coleco

• 3 months later...

If you are going to Boston for sightseeing, the Copley was a great location. About as central as you could get for seeing the city. The accommodations and the service were good. It was worth the $110.00 we paid and the location makes it worth much more than that!!

I would recommend this property to someone staying in Boston.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]