in

Priceline sub-divides Tampa into the following zones:

Brandon

Busch Gardens

Tampa Airport (TPA) & Westshore

Tampa Downtown

Tampa East - Fairgrounds

Tampa North

I think most cruisers use the Downtown zone, although i hear the Airport isn't too far either. If you know the area at all, you can see on a map what Priceline considers each zone to include (go to the Hotels screen, put in Tampa FL (dates aren't important), then on the next screen you'll see the list above and you can click "Area Details" to see the map).

If you don't know the areas, just say so, and i'll do some research to find out which area is best for cruising (or anyone reading this, feel free to jump in if you have an opinion).

What is more important to you, bottom line price or "value for the money"?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, i have no first hand experience, but based upon reading some message boards at cruise critic it appears that the DOWNTOWN area is closest to the pier (although some still stay in the airport area).

Before i give you a price to start at, are you familiar with free re-bids? They're explained here: Re-Bids. (they're important in this area, since they give you the opportunity to "low ball" it a few times)

If you think you understand re-bids, let me know and i'll recommend a starting price to use. If you're unsure (or confused, it's a bit much to swallow at first when it's "new") i can walk you thru the entire bidding process (via Instant Messaging with AOL or Yahoo).

Let me know if/when/how you want to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Thank you thereuare, with your help I was able to get the Hyatt Regency Tampa, (tampa Downtown) on 4/12 for 37.00 and tax of 4.44. My first bid was 28, so I rebid for 35 and that also was rejected. This was my first time using Priceline. I am a confirmed user now. Thank you, again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]