Hotwire Hotel: 5* DC (White House - Capitol Hill) Willard

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

I was trying to decide between Chicago and Washington DC for a September weekend, and this impulse purchase has decided it.

5* DC (White House - Capitol Hill) Willard Intercontinental

Amenities: Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center

September 4-6

The price was $90 a night when I searched, then went to login under my id and the price had changed to $94. Called Hotwire and was able to get it for $93, since that is what came up on his screen when I called the agent. Annoying, but it goes to show how quickly availability and prices can change.

Prices were all over the place and didn't make any sense:

Night of the 4th $228

Night of the 5th $76

Should average out to $152 a night but paid $94 -- sounds good to me!

I still need one more night on either end, but adding the 3rd pushed the average nightly rate to $317 -- insane!

I'll keep searching.

Always nice when a decision has been made :)

Just an FYI, Hotwire's prices fluctuate from search to search by a few dollars in order to help keep their hotels opaque. Otherwise it would be more obvious that the $78 hotel was XYZ, the $92 hotel was ABC, etc... so i doubt the $1-3 change in price had to do with availability.

Thanks for supplying the 'important' info. Can the additional day that you're still looking for be at either the beginning or end of your stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Those days were extremely expensive when I looked yesterday so I held off doing anything. This morning (I'm up bright and early) I just purchased the same hotel on Hotwire for another night only this time an even greater bargain at $74.

By making the 2 purchases separately, my average nightly rate works out to $86 a night. I'm sure that's the best deal I've gotten to date.

Many thanks!

I'll add a separate post for that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]