LAS - Hotwire airport location conflicting info?

wysiwyg
By wysiwyg,
in

I'm looking into booking a car at LAS for one week. It seems to be a good deal at $11.99 per day + all the other fees.

My question is: How can I confirm that the pickup/drop off is at the airport? The site seems to claim that they only deal with airport locations, but then there's a statement in the FAQ that says:

Q: Do I pick up my car at the airport?

A: Yes, as long as you see one of these descriptions in the search result:

- Rental counter is located inside the airport terminal; a shuttle ride may be needed to pick up your car.

- Rental counter is located at the airport; a shuttle will take you to pick up the car.

If you don't see either of these descriptions, it means pick up location information is not available at this time.

There's no airport location in the description. So does this mean that it might be elsewhere? I never booked a car via Hotwire. I'm also arriving very late, so I don't want surprises

You can't guarantee that the rental counter is in the airport terminal itself... a car rental company who is "off-site" is always a possibility when you book thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

What are the dates of your rental?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the speedy reply (as always).

The dates are:

LAS (Vegas) May 7th (10:30pm) to May 14th (Noon)

I know that the car rental pickup is not in the terminal itself (they are all located at an off-site facility), but they offer a shuttle and this is still considered an "airport location".

I just don't want to book and then discover that my pickup is somewhere else like downtown Vegas or in a Hotel or Suburbs...

M

You are correct... the rental location will be an "airport location" and won't be on the strip or downtown.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- after your next reply we'll move this thread to the Hotwire Car Rental section of the board

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When i got to HOTWIRE i entered LAS as the city and then i was prompted to select from a list, which i chose: Las Vegas, NV - (LAS)

LAS is the Airport symbol for Las Vegas so that would be the pick up location.

Any questions/problems let us know.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- obviously if you selected one of the other options from the list when prompted, such as: Las Vegas, NV - (VGT) (North Las Vegas) then you wouldn't be at the airport your seeking (the other options were for Las Vegas Spain and Las Vegas NM)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
So, how did it go?

Szymon

Sorry, for the late reply. I totally forgot about this thread. I ended up booking a car directly via Hertz using online discounts available to me. The price was very competitive at that time.

Car rentals for LAS are offsite and you need to take a shuttle bus from the terminal itself which can be a hassle to some. When we arrive at 1am, we waited close to 45 mins for a bus to take us to the car rental agency. When it was all said and done, we waren't at our hotel until close to 3am.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]