Priceline Hotel: Edinburgh 5* Bidding Help

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

There's a 5* property in Edinburgh showing up, which from TOBB appears to be the Sheraton Hotel & Spa. Only one bidder has reported getting it, on the first try at $202 for July 1-3rd.

I'll be in Edinburgh mid-September and would need at least 3-4 nights. What research should I do to decide where to start bidding and what amount to increase -- or could you please make a suggestion? I've never bid on Priceline, but can see that I would have 2 free rebid zones. I obviously want to pay as little as possible (I'll bail and book a B&B I'm interested in if the price isn't right), but do have a little time. I also could stay weekend or weekday nights, if either would yield better price results. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

I would begin by listing your possible dates and the rate at the hotel's website for each of them (individually). From there find suitable B&Bs that you could stay at and find out the rates for those accomodations so that you don't bid too much on Priceline.

Since your date(s) are flexible you can actually have multiple bidding opportunities by using re-bid zones along with different check-in/check-out dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4* B&B that I'd like to stay in would be 75GBP ($138 US). Dates are September 17 - 20th (Fri-Sun which are the cheapest days)

The Sheraton.com cheapest rate is 158 GBP and Expedia is $240 US.

I tested the waters today (bidding as low as possible) for each day individually, 2 together and then all 3. Only went up to $155 with no luck.

One thing I realised I need to consider, is on Priceline they add tax, whereas other rates from hotels I've dealt with have their prices inclusive of VAT. I guess I'll have to think about how much I'm REALLY willing to pay for this place then try again in a few days.

Hope my rejected bid info may help someone out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]