Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York Hotel

daveritchey
By daveritchey,
in

I have a backup hotel at The Barclay, but want to bid on Priceline to beat my $251 a night price plus taxes.

Is it best to start bidding now at a much lower price or wait until it's closer to my May 23rd, '08 date in NYC?

I've never bid on Priceline before and I'm wanting to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanting to know if requesting 2 rooms for 4 nights in NYC is difficult to get in late May.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas???

Also, when requesting 2 rooms it ask for 2 names. I guess my credit card will be charged, but what happens when you arrive at the hotel???? Do you have to show the 2 names that were on the bid request???

Thanks for any help.

D.....

• 1 month later...

Thanks for everyone's help in winning such a great price!

I've been trying for 2 monts to win a bid for NYC for 2 rooms over Memorial Day Weekend. I used the bidding stradegy and started at $145 to $155 for 3 zones in the Midtown West and Central Park South zones.....No luck!

Then bid on Midtown East and Times Square starting at $145 and "WHAM", was congratulated on being accepted at The W New York. This isn't exactly the hotel I'd have liked, but man you can't beat that price in NYC.

Looking forward to going next month and saved myself a lot of money.

I've read good and bad things about the W New York, but I'll be happy with a *4 Star at that price.

DR

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you're happy with the hotel received for the price you paid... it's all about value.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, welcome to BetterBidding!

The win above was 2 weeks ago, and this <busy> time of year in NYC, inventory (and prices) can change very quickly.

Since you've already bid the amounts of above and didn't win the same hotel as the OP of this thread, please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay along with any other pertinent info (dates, maximum bid, minimum star rating, zones you're willing to accept, etc) and we'll take a look at the most current info pertaining to your dates and comment accordingly.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]