SEA Seattle Compact Avis

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

$7 is not a typo. First bid was accepted for this 3-day weekend stay, Thursday to Sunday.

HOTWIRE had a compact for $8.95 and I decided to try even lower.

Total with taxes/fees was $49.48.

Savings aren't that much as conventional rates are VERY low in Seattle this weekend---Alamo was lowest at $57.74 with taxes. Avis $59.61.

Bid was placed through BetterBidding's PRICELINE link.

I never drove a Grand Prix before and I didn't like it. Seat was too low for me and I couldn't figure out the controls. First thing the next morning I drove to Avis in Downtown Seattle and traded back down to the compact I'd originally reserved. (Airport was still out of compacts.)

It turns out Grand Prix is a fullsize at Avis, not standard. They'd upgraded me three classes! I exchanged the 12mpg Grand Prix with 28G for a 25mpg Cobalt with 2G, plus a sunroof and XM satellite radio. It was actually sunny in Seattle weekend and I got to enjoy the sunroof. Having a compact made parking Downtown and on Capitol Hill easier too.

At the Avis downtown I overheard another customer with the same situation as me: reserved a compact at the airport, got a big car, drove Downtown to trade for a compact.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]