goldendeal
By goldendeal,
in

Booked this hotel for the bluebonnet festival, most motels sold out,,,

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Brenham Hotel

1 room @ $66.00 per night

Tax recovery charge and fees:$14.18

Total Price:$80.18

This did not work out too well for me...I thought this hotel would be the comfort suites,,,I got burned, the web price for this hotel is LESS then hotwires....hotel price is 58.65. I called hotwire...they want me to jump through flaming hoops to get the difference back...I have to send in a fax, then follow up with a phone call "in a few days" to let them know of their "decision" :)

I gave the rep on the phone the exact web site when she asked me for it, put me on hold for 20 mins came back and said, yes your right, send in the fax of the web site!!!! Huh?? :) she just saw it for herself,,,she told me she cant make the decision it has to be passed on...what a joke,,Im sticking to priceline from now on..atleast when they burn you they just won

Sorry to hear you didn't get the hotel you were expecting on the above purchase.

I called hotwire...they want me to jump through flaming hoops to get the difference back...I have to send in a fax, then follow up with a phone call "in a few days" to let them know of their "decision"
Actually, HOTWIRE is very good at honoring their Double the Differene claims and i don't think you need to "jump thru hoops". The problem is that you called Customer Service looking to have your claim processed, and the Double the Difference claims are handled by a different department entirely. While the rep on the phone shouldn't have kept you on hold or even looked at the claim herself, and i'm sure she was just trying to be helpful, you were dealing with somebody who didn't have the authority to say "yes".

HOTWIRE's customer suport area outlines the proceduare ot follow to submit a claim:

Q: How do I submit a Double the Difference refund request?

A:To submit a Double the Difference refund request, go to the "My Account" section. When you've logged into your account, find the hotel booking that you want to submit a request on. On the detail page for the hotel booking, click on the "Submit a Double the Difference Refund Request" link. You'll submit your refund request from this page.

Following the above you don't need to fax anything nor make any follow-up phone calls... you fill out the form and you're done (other than checking your email box for their response)

Regarding this purchase, can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Please use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Make sure you save a screen shot of the lower price. It could change. I don't know about HOTWIRE, but I had a similar issue trying to collect from another hotel's low price guarantee. I neglected to get a screen shot and by the time they looked at the site, the price had changed and they wouldn't honor their guarantee...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]