Priceline Hotel: Paris - 2 rooms - August 16-18 Advice/Strategy?

nyctraveler
By nyctraveler,
in

Hey betterbidders!

It has been awhile since I've done any travel bidding. Mostly doing work travel.

But my main reason for posting is that I am looking for the nicest hotel I can get in Paris, France. In particular by looking at the posted lists I am only interested in the 4* Paris hotels (not decided on way or another if I will go the Hotwire route vs. Priceline). I am only considering hotels in these sectors (4*) on Priceline:

Paris (Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West)

Paris (Opera Quarter East - Les Halles)

I am going to be there for a weekend after a cruise with my mom & sister so will need two rooms & want to get this right.

In terms of Priceline bidding, can anyone recommend if I should start & place low-ball bids now for those hotels, or is it better to bid closer to the travel date? I'm sure the argument goes one way or another but it has been awhile since bidding (2 years) so not sure if things have changed. Also, as it has been about 2 years are there any new major changes to bidding strategies / the way it works that I should be aware of?

Also, does anyone know which Hotwire 4* Hilton is part of the Trocadero/Champs Elysees area is? There are quite a few Hiltons in Paris. I am guessing it is the Hilton La Defense...

I'm glad to be back obsessively researching & planning a trip on betterbidding!

Welcome back...

In terms of Priceline bidding, can anyone recommend if I should start & place low-ball bids now for those hotels, or is it better to bid closer to the travel date?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
it has been about 2 years are there any new major changes to bidding strategies / the way it works that I should be aware of?
You only have to wait 24 hours to bid again, no longer 72 hours (not sure if this change took place more recently than you have bid)
does anyone know which Hotwire 4* Hilton is part of the Trocadero/Champs Elysees area is? There are quite a few Hiltons in Paris. I am guessing it is the Hilton La Defense...
The user didn't specifcy, but more likely the Hilton Arc de Triomphe.

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]