CA Los Angeles Extended StayAmerica Culver City

Bowden68
By Bowden68,
in

This is my second time at this hotel. It is terrible. The place had a horrendous smelll this time. It was awful. I had to change rooms the smell was so bad in the room.

In both rooms the windows were left wide open to alleviate the stench. Whatever stench was happening in the place made its way through the hotel. Smelled like rotting trash. Each room I had, had its share of insects since the windows had been left open by the maids. Both screens to the windows were torn to shreads.

The beds were about four inches fron the floor and rock hard. It's a place to lie your head if you can get used to the stench.

There was a crappy diner named "Dinahs" next store where I ate each night. That place was like the hotel in some respects. It was terrible, terrible, food, and as a bonus there was a severely drunk bum in the place they refused to throw out. It was par for the course!!!! Never eat at this dump.

I'll never bid 2 stars again in LAX ever. I won't bid 2.5 stars again either because the next night I stayed at Hacienda and see my post there.

That place was even worse!

Just completed a two day stay. The place "is what it is". It's a place to simply lie your head. For whatever reason the hallways had a horrendous stench while I was there. But the room did not have the stench so that was good. I really only had to sleep there, so no big deal. One issue with this place is the rooms are terribly dark and dreary. Everything is red and purple. When you walk in this room, its almost depresing. Beds are rock hard and about 5 inches off the floor. You get what you pay for, and my rate was $45 a night.

Many people will be intimidated staying at this ESA. When you walk in, the front desk is encased in bullet proof glass with an intercom and one of those metal sliding drawers. Something you'd see in a high security setting or a place trying not to get robbed. Very weird. It is a litte concerning talking to someone through an intercom.

I ate at a Denny's like diner next store called Dinah's one night for dinner. It's within walking distance and serves beer which is nice since I wanted to wind down after a long day. Food was kinda weak, but at least it was within walking distance. I wondered on the way back if I should be walking around at night when my hotel a couple blocks away felt the need to protect its front desk with bullet proof glass...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]