Priceline Hotel: Newbie who needs help before bidding for Seattle Downtown 4*

albert1028
By albert1028,
in

Hi All,

I am new to this bidding thing. I read the forum guidelines / rules and see that priceline might be a better place. I basically don't need the best deal but want a good 4* hotel in the pikes place (i think that's what it's called) like the westin. But not sure if i should use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Here are my specs:

- 4* Hotel Seattle Downtown

- Dates: June 14, 2008 - June 18, 2008

I am a bit confused about how to go about looking at the rebidding process. Should i do a first bid with something like $135 because it's high season?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE use different zone boundaries in Seattle...

PRICELINE uses one larger "Downtown" zone while HOTWIRE divides this area into two separate zones (Downtown-Pike Place) and (Downtown-Space Needle). While all the 4* properties reported from PRICELINE have for the most part been centrally located around Pike Place, you could receive a hotel anywhere in the shaded boundaries of the zone. HOTWIRE would enable you to focus on a smaller geographic region and have a reasonable guess as to the hotel you will receive before your purchase... however, HOTWIRE costs a little more than PRICELINE.

So that is the trade-off... it comes down to what is most important to you; having a guess as to the hotel and it's location or the lowest possible price (and less control as to the actual hotel you are likely to receive)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll answer your questions and/or advise accordingly for whichever route you'd like to to pursue.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]