Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Newport) Fashion Island Marriott

moondog
By moondog,
in

per thereuare's request, i'm reposting this info as a new thread.

i booked a room there last week. i think the threshold is lower, but don't know how low (maybe 35). although the zone is called newport/huntington, i've never gotten a hotel in hb. in fact, the hyatt newporter and the 2 marriotts (in addition to fashion island, we've received the marriott suites at jamboree/bristol) are the only ones i've ever seen.

Thanks for following-up and adding the second post!

We have recently seen the 4* Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach show up in this zone in HB, but that's the only one we've had a report of. I add this because i don't know the area and therefore don't know if this hotel/area is one to be sought after or avoided.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's arguably the nicest of the Hyatts (and is directly across the street from the beach), but is not very convenient if you need to be in Newport. A friend who works for Hyatt told me they would never let that property go on Priceline in the same ballpark as Newporter/Irvine so I wonder if you need to bid 4* to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've received this hotel 2 more times since my last post, both for $35. In case you're curious, I was also rejected at $35 twice. On the first occasion, I wound up with the Residence Inn in Costa Mesa (after adding the Irvine zone) for $40 and the Marriott Suites (where I'm currently staying) also for $40.

It would be appreciated if you would post your other wins as new thread... nobody will seem them buried in this thread. It also makes it easier for users that just like to scan the board's titles to see the hotels (and frequency) that they come up.

EDIT: i just saw that you did post your Courtyard win.. could also add another thread for the Residence Inn. THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]