Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Time Square-Theatre District) Sheraton Manhattan

kpet
By kpet,
in

This property has not yet been identified.

I know these dates are expensive. Do you have to stay in midtown?

Thru Quickbook (please use this link) you can book the Gild Hall for just $209/nite, and even though they're going thru a soft opening (no restaurant, room service, etc), the reviews have been very good, and is probably (imo) worth the $100+ savings.

If you continue to search the opaque providers, Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I really do need to stay in mid-town because my daughter has an audition at noon on the 28th, at 54th and 7th and with call-backs, etc. it is just much easier to be close. I had looked through the HOTWIRE Hotel ID, and did not see one listed with the amenities for this property, so figured it was a fairly new one, and hoped someone might know what property it was. I certainly like that it is a smoke-free property and it is less money than my back-up reservation.

I really am going to be there through the 30th, but it seems the 27th is the biggest problem, as prices get much cheaper for the 28th and 29th. I have a reservation with Quikbook right now for just the 27th at the Millenium Broadway, for $369, that I can cancel if I should get lucky otherwise. I have bid on PRICELINE, up to $325 for a 3* and up to $340 for a 4*, just for the 27th, with the thought that once I got something, hopefully I could add the other 2 days much cheaper through an opaque. But no luck, and with it just a few days away am going to have to figure something out. Of course I would prefer to not have to move after the 27th, but it is looking like my choices being slim, I will either have to cough up more money to stay at one property, or book 2 separate properties and move, for less money.

If you have any great ideas, please share!

Hi kpet,

I have seen the Holiday Inn Midtown (440 W 57th St) for $270 + tax on IChotels website. Is this any use to you. I put the dates of 27 Marc - 31 March (check out). I first put in just the date of the 27th and it was available according to the hotels website and for the same rate. Maybe its something to check out. For slightly more, you can have breakfast also. Hope this helps.

Rachel

Please note if you do look at the Holiday Inn thru a direct purchase, we are an affiliate of the Holday Inn and please use this link (or the one in our support page) to begin your purchase... however, i'm showing the Holiday Inn Midtown as sold-out for the dates above.

I was bidding on these zones: Midtown West, Times Square, and Upper Midtown-Central Park South
Is there a reason you're not including the MTE zone in your bidding? I'm not 100% certain it will help given the high occupany and rates for this date, but at least it gives more hotel the opportunity to accept your bid.

I'll add that i have no idea what's involved in the audtions your daughter is going thru, but the Gild is fairly close to the 2-3 subway line which gets pretty close to 54th and Seventh.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Upon checking, I found the Holiday Inn Midtown to also be sold-out, yet just now saw on HOTWIRE a 3* in Midtown-Central with amenities: rest., pool, fitness, and internet (which matches this property) for $314. It was available for both the 1 night, 3/27th or the 3 nights, 27th-30th, at the same price, so I'm not sure what is up with that. I would hate to get there to check in and find it is sold out and they had switched me to another hotel in NJ. That did happen to me once. I even called the hotel direct and was told they are sold-out, so it makes me a little nervous to purchase this on HOTWIRE.

As for why I had not included MTE, mainly because with the unpredictability of an audition, it is just easier to have a hotel close-by. Her time is at noon on the 28th, which if I have to switch hotels would be somewhat of a hastle, but call-backs can sometimes be an hour or 2 later and being able to go change into dance clothes, warm-up, etc. at the hotel is a nice convenience.

FYI: The original hotel I needed an ID for, that I started this thread with is no later an option on HOTWIRE.

Thereuare, I will use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links provided here for future bidding, etc.

Bid PRICELINE (using the link on this site) starting with the 4* properties in the areas of MTW, UM-CPS, and Time Square. Started at $170 and went up to $225, using the re-bid zones. After rejected on first bid, increased to $180 and that bid was also rejected, but was offered a property for $299/night, which I rejected. Continued to bid each area, increasing my bid by $10, until my last bid, and went up $15.

After rejected, closed out browser and started over with 3* property in Time Square for $170. It was accepted and I got the Sheraton Manhattan Time Square. Two nights @ $170 each plus $64.97 tax = $404.97 Total. Since my actual arrival day is the 27th and I had been unsuccessful the previous 3 days bidding for just the 27th, as well as all 3 nights, I tried the option with my PRICELINE win of adding on a night at the same price but turned down on that request. I am also a Starwood Preferred Guest Gold member and have enough points for one free night, called the hotel direct to see if I could claim my free room, but was told the hotel was sold-out for the 27th, so that did not work either. Two other sites were showing availability at the Sheraton Manhattan for the 27th at quite a steep price of $579, but both came up as sold out when I actually tried to book it. I have a back-up reservation thru Quikbook for the 27th at the Millenium Broadway for $369, which is still high, and means I will have the inconvenience of moving hotels, but saves me over $200. And considering there are very few hotels to choose from for the 27th, under $500, at least I know I have a good hotel, in an area nearby where I need to be.

One other note: when I called the hotel direct to see what type of room it had me down for, the agent told me it was a standard king room, non-smoking. I wanted to request 2 beds and an early check-in but was told because it had been booked through PRICELINE, no requests could even be added to my reservation. I have stayed in many PRICELINE won hotels and have always been able to put in a request by calling the hotel direct, but not this time!

Congratulations on your win.

Thank you for sharing the details of this purchase with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Even though the hotel states that they can't note any requests, you may want to call again at a different time in order to get a different front desk clerk who may note any preferences for you. Either way, make your requests at check-in and there is a good chance they will accomodate you, if available.

Thanks again... enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]