Hotwire Hotel: 1* Canton-Massillon Days Inn

JulieAmber
By JulieAmber,
in

I purchased 4 rooms for 12 adults...

Please be sure to read my wildly frustraing HOTWIRE BEWARE check-in review when I get a chance to add it...

Hotel 4 room(s) @ $49.00 per night x 2 night(s) = $392.00

Tax recovery charge and fees = $49.98

Total = $441.98

EDIT by thereuare: link to Canton Days Inn Review

sounds like someone was taking a power trip at your expense! You should immediately contact HOTWIRE customer care via email, do not call. Reduce this story to the facts:

Booked 4 rooms with 3 to a room, 12 guests in all

You were entitled to a room with a double bed and at least a cot, preferrably a room with two double beds

Clerk did not provide what was reserved even though your room type was clearly available

Spent 2 hours trying to resolve

Delay made you late for a group function

You were treated rudely by the clerk and made you feel unsafe

The condition of the room was substandard and dirty

keep it short and sweet, stick to the facts and ask for a full refund. You may be offered hot Dollars for a future stay which I have received on three occasions due to complaints.

Contact the BetterBusiness bureau in the locality of this hotel with your complaint in writing

Contact the Franchisor, Days Inn Worldwide, Inc., 1 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054, the President is Ken Greene, again, in written format.

Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Just another reason never to get chatty about what you paid/saved. Your story is not the first I've heard about this happening. The best thing to do is just be quiet and enjoy the savings. Mistakes should only happen in your favor, not the other way around.

Thank you for the contact information! I'm going to use it as a learning opportunity for my students... = ) I will definitely post any results.

Yes, I've definitely received nearly 120 minutes worth of reasons why never to tell a manager what I paid on hotwire or priceline!!!!!!!!! I'm on my way to Philly with 8 students next week.... hope we'll have a much better experience! = )

BBB form was filed online, and a letter to Days Inn went out this morning. Hotwire.com already replied:

Dear Julie,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your reservation at the Days Inn

North Canton, Hotwire Itinerary Number X.

I regret your dissatisfaction with the level of service you recieved at

this hotel, and understand you are requesting a full refund because of

it. Hotwire takes customer feedback very seriously, and I appreciate the

time you took to notify us of your concerns.

At Hotwire, we rely upon the staff of our hotel partners to provide the

quality of service that our mutual customers have come to expect. We are

unable to resolve specific staff issues on behalf of our hotel partners.

I recommend filing a formal complaint directly with hotel management by

calling X.

At Hotwire, we are committed to getting you the best deals possible. Our

partners are able to offer Hotwire these great rates only if customers

guarantee that they will use the originally booked reservation. This

enables our partners to better manage their unsold inventory. For this

reason, and because the reservation was used in full, I am unable to

honor your request for a refund.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to reply to this

email or contact us directly at X. Thank you for

choosing Hotwire.

Sincerely,

Megan R

Hotwire Customer Care

www.hotwire.com

Bravo Sierra!!!

unless I'm missing something, this response did not address the main issue of not getting accomodations for 12 adults/3 per room. The following is from HOTWIRE's Customer Care section:

Q: What type of room can I expect?

A: All rooms booked on Hotwire will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests you indicated and the number of rooms you requested. We cannot guarantee the number of beds in a property room, but some properties may offer pullout couches or cots to accommodate the total number of guests in a room. Our suppliers will do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible, but please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee a non-smoking room nor can we guarantee bed type. For more information, please view the Lodging Type Guide.

unless they expect you to sleep "3 Stooge Style" (i.e. 3 in one bed) then the minimum acceptable accomodation would be a room with one double and one cot.

Was this provided to you?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]