NC Asheville Crowne Plaza

MRVEGAS711
By MRVEGAS711,
in

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza Ashville on 3/08 and it was a worthy 3 star hotel.

Apparently, all the renovations are done and its quite the nice hotel.

Lobby is beautiful and our check-in was easy. Heading up to the room, I was a wreck after reading all these reviews, but the room was fantastic. WI/FI, comfortable with nice amenities.

I was totally thrilled by the stay and would stay here again in a second.

• 1 year later...

I am in the hotel now and it's very nice. The location is very hard to get to because of being near the intersection of three Interstate highways, but look for the billboards and do what they say.

This place has the flavor of a conference center. Many buildings, all three floors or less. Friendly check in, view of woods out sliding glass door/balcony, beautiful setting, quiet; off highway, but near by. Very nice room appears newly redone. Refrigerator, free Internet, comfy bed four pillows per. Heater/A/C blower stays on rather than cycles which is better for sleep.

We were very happy with this place and would stay here again.

• 1 year later...

We stayed there 2/26-2/28/11. I agree it's a reasonable 3-star hotel. It's labeled, at least by Priceline, as 3 1/2 star, perhaps due to convention facilities, restaurant and bar. We asked for a quiet room, ideally on an upper floor, and were first given a nice room with a view towards some small woods--- and train tracks. We waited until a train went by to see if there was any noticeable noise. The noise wasn't real bad, but enough that we returned to the front desk to ask for a new room. The receptionist expressed surprise and said no one had ever complained before. Well, maybe no one had complained to him. The next room faced the front entrance and mai parking lot, but was set back enough that noise was minimal (just a couple of train whistles during the night). There was one other noise problem: the heating system. When the system was turned on, it was loud enough that I used ear plugs I always take with me. My wife said she was not bothered. WiFi is free, but breakfast is not included. We had the breakfast buffet, costing about $10, one morning. I believe the restaurant served dinner, but seemed to close early. The bar, which also served food, stayed open later (it was closed on the Sunday night we were there, due to cleaning/floor resurfacing). There are plenty of dining options in the area.

Total price ended up being about the same as what we earlier paid at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road, booking directly through the hotel (using AARP discount).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]