Canada Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle

Scorp
By Scorp,
in

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now. Previously, it was the Delta Pinnacle but now has been taken over by Marriott. Many of the former staff stayed on, however, and I have to say that they are some of the best hotel employees I have ever run across. Helpful, polite, friendly, and with a touch of humour, it was always a pleasure to interact with them - the concierge, the front desk staff, the doormen, or the restaurant or housekeeping staff. I suspect they have some really good managers at this hotel who empower their employees to make some decisions on their own. I saw them handle situations quickly and efficiently without having to 'check with a supervisor.'

The rooms are also very nice. Some may feel a tad small (but I like big rooms and tend to prefer suites hotel for the extra room), but the hotel is quite new and the decor is lovely. Our rooms have always been immaculately clean.

Our last stay at this property was in May, 2004 and we were several hours early to check in. The clerk offered us an upgraded room that was available immediately or else promised to get a room ready for us ASAP. We decided to take the room upgrade. For $40 Cdn, we were given a top (31st) floor room with an expansive view of the ocean and Coal Harbour and Stanley Park and the north shore mountains. This room was an oversized curving room with a huge wall of windows and a separate seating area. The bath had separate shower and tub. Although the floor plan was a bit awkward, the view was breathtaking. We were also given lounge privileges, which meant we could make use of the lounge for snacks, fresh fruit and bottled water during the day and have a breakfast in the morning as well as appetizers in the evening. We would have been very happy with the basic room, but we really enjoyed the upgraded room. I believe the cost for valet parking was $25 Cdn, and $20 for self-park.

We felt like we were treated like favourite guests at this hotel. I would be delighted to end up at this hotel again.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to post that this hotel FAR exceeded our expectations. The hotel is only about 4 years old, beautifully decorated and spotless. The rooms were very large and comfortable and the hotel is in a good location. They honored our requests.

*This is a little after the fact - so please delete this post if it is inappropriate*

Thanks again to this site for helping us with an affordable vacation.

• 4 months later...

Just finished a 2 night stay at the Pinnacle. This is the second time we've won this hotel on Priceline and were just as happy as the first time.

It was the weekend before Valentine's Day, so it seemed there were quite a few local couples staying at the hotel for a romantic getaway.

On check-in we were offered a harbour-view room for an additional $30 which we declined. Clerk asked if we wanted a room with 2 queens or 1 king. We opted for the 1 king and were given one of the prized xx19 rooms. For those of you unfamiliar with them; they are rooms ending in digits -19 on floors 5-16 and have wonderful wrap-around windows with a nice peek-a-boo view of the water. We were extremely pleased and will ask for this again next time we stay.

Room was immaculate, staff as friendly and helpful as last time. The only downside is that parking has been increased to $23 Cdn/day.

The hotel is a bit further from the shopping areas of Robson & Georgia than the Hyatt, but well within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants.

The Pinnacle is a terrific Priceline hotel and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• 3 months later...

If this is not the proper place to post a review, please feel free to move this post. We were able to get this hotel for June 1, 2005 at $60 for the night. Used Priceline several week prior to that date using tips received on this site.

Disembarked Carnival Spirit about 9:00 a.m. and took a cab to the hotel at a cost of $6 CAD. Knowing that check-in was not until 3:00, we still went to the desk. Room not ready so they tagged and stored our luggage and we walked part of the town. Went back to the hotel about 11:00 to check room status and could have opted for a double room on a low floor ( (we wanted a King on a high floor). We decided to wait and spent the next several hours eating lunch (at the Mill, waterfront, about one block) and visiting a small portion of Stanley Park.

Returned about 2:00 and the king was still not available, so we went ahead and accepted a double on the 20th floor. Both check-in staff that we dealt with were very nice and did not treat us shabbily because we were Priceline guests.

Room was very nice with a corner window. City view and small harbor view. there are buildings across the street which impair a full, sweeping view of the harbor.

Bath was ultra clean...very important to me! Separate tub and shower, blow drier. Iron and in-room safe, plus mini-bar. We used the hot tub spa which was empty except for us.

Checkout was simple, and I double checked that they had us down for the Priceline rate and would not charge our card. They had it all under control.

Negs: Internet is not free in business center.

Took the airporter bus to the airport. You can catch it at the hotel directly across the street. Cost is $12 CAD pp. When we presented our credit card, (which they do accept), driver said he would get it at the airport. When we arrived, he waved us off and did not charge us! Hubby tipped him $10 US as that's all we had left.

Location: Business district one block from waterfront, skirting Gastown and a couple of blocks from major shopping. Recommend transportation to Stanley...it's walkable, but since you primarily walk through the park, hoofing it there and back as well, is a bit much. city bus was about $1.50 CAD pp.

For $60, it's a super deal!

• 11 months later...

Just got back from our trip! We had such a wonderful time-- this is a gorgeous hotel. But what impressed me the most is that the staff is exceptional-- truly a 4 star hotel. I took advice from Tripadvisor and requested a room ending in the numbers "19" This turned out to be excellent advice as that is the corner room overlooking downtown and the marina. There are floor to ceiling windows over looking this view. Go and you won't be disappointed!

• 4 years later...

We spent one night at the Marriott Pinnacle Vancouver on a "Priceline" win. We have stayed at this same hotel a couple of times in the past and always enjoyed it. We noticed that it's been a while since a review was written so there should perhaps be an update.

Check in was smooth and no "Priceline attitude" here. The hotel is now completely non smoking and we were offered either a "King" or 2 "Queens". Took the King and were very pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in a 2 room suite with a "Peek a Boo harbour" view. Very comfortable and immaculate. Quality bedding including a sheeted duvet and a bathroom with both tub and shower.Had we been staying more than 1 night, we might not have liked the fact that there was no television in the bedroom (flat screen in the living room) .

Aveda products in the bathroom, a free bottle of water (I really get bugged when hotels charge me a fortune for water), a small fridge and a coffee maker

The hallways have been recarpeted in "splashy" colours and are very attractive.

This time we didn't eat in the restauant but it looked good. We did have a drink in the bar which was are only disappointment. No comfortable chairs and tables with chairs that were suitable for dinner but not for relaxing with a pre dinner drink. Too bad! Next time we will go elsewhere for that drink.

We took Valet parking which was $32 plus tax. A tad expensive. Non-valet was $26 and, had we looked into it before arriving, we would have gone that route.

This is a business hotel so it is in the business district and it can be a bit too quiet on the weekends. However, walk a block or two down to the seawall and enjoy beautiful walking paths and amazing views and walk a couple of blocks in the other direction and you're right in the heart of shopping and entertainment.

All in all, a very very nice hotel and, if you are fortunate enough to get it on"Priceline" be very happy!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]