Arlington to Dulles

Judy in CA
By Judy in CA,
in

I am staying in Arlington for a week. I figure I will take the Washington Flyer to the Metro to get to Arlington. How would you suggest I get back to Dulles? My flight leaves at 7 am which means I need to be at Dulles around 5 am. The Washington Flyer does not run that early.

Should I take a cab, rent a car, or stay at a hotel and then take a shuttle. If I stay at a hotel how would you suggest I search for it?

TIA!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I assume you've already made your plans for the week in Arlington?

Using GMaps the trip from Arlington to IAD is about 25-30 miles, which would mean a cab will be EXPENSIVE. I would look into a car rental, but a one-way rental will likely cost you some $$$ too.

Can you leave your loation the nite before and stay at a hotel near Dulles? This may not only be the cheapest (especially if you're paying to stay in Arlington... it's not really clear from your post if you're staying at a hotel, with family, a friend, etc) and also make the trip a little easier the morning of your flight.

If you'd like to get a room near IAD for this nite, let us know the actual date of your stay, your maximum budget, and your minimum star rating and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

I'd either take a cab or stay at a hotel near the airport the night before. If you rent a car that would entail going to the rental location the day before, paying for a full day's rental, and, if you're staying at a hotel in Arlington, likely paying for parking. Shuttles like Super Shuttle also a possibillity, but for such an early flight you'd have to be ready to be picked up in the middle of the night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]