Hotwire Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) InterContinental

kathybb
By kathybb,
in

Turned out it was the Intercontinental. I was hoping for the Sheraton, because that is where my conference is located. The conference hotel rate is $163/night, so this is a very good deal for me. :) I've heard also that the InterContinental is a little bit more elegant than the Sheraton. I'll post a review after my trip.

Thanks for your responses.

Glad to hear that this still works well for your needs.

The hotel i was showing on my search i'm 99% certain was the IC Sheraton, so it's possible that these two hotels are priced similarly and we each were offered a different one on our search. (or maybe that 1% doubt i have is bigger than i thought :) )

Sorry it didn't turn out to be the conference hotel, but for $100+ per nite savings i'm sure this will do :)

Thank you for sharing your results and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey thereuare,

In your first reply, you said "the Sheraton is much more likely". Here you say "my search i'm 99% certain was the IC". Was one of those a typo, or did something change? Mostly, I'm curious if you have found a way to tell these two properties apart. They've always appeared the same, as far as I can tell; if there's a reliable way to detect the difference, I'd be very interested.

Kathy, fyi, I've stayed at the IC and think it's very nice, probably a little nicer than the Sheraton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]