Priceline Hotel: Savannah 4/15-17 3*

rmsmith
By rmsmith,
in

If you're not successful up to $160, do you have a back-up plan?

wow. that skyrocketed! No at the moment we do not have a backup. just quickly looking at Travelocity the courtyard is 189 and the Hampton is 139. Either of those would be acceptable. Granted 189 is a bit more than the budget but isn't a bank breaker.

I didn't look at the other 3* hotels in the area to see if they have similar price increases... it's possible that the rate jump is specific to the Hyatt and won't affect demand at the other properties.

I would increase you bids and try again sooner rather than later, so that if you are rejected up to your limit you can begin to find suitable alternative accomodations.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would increase you bids and try again sooner rather than later, so that if you are rejected up to your limit you can begin to find suitable alternative accomodations.
Will try that tonight thanks.
If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know.
i checked PRICELINE last night. Only 3* hotels are in the historic district so my rebids are:

airport, gateway, midtown, and north?

I think those are right. But if you could give me a bidding strategy that would be great(still trying to get a hang of it.)

With your four re-bid zones, which you have correctly identified above, i would try as follows (which takes into consideration your already rejected bids):

Select 4* Historic...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected clsose browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Historic and re-bid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected clsose browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Historic and re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $160.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well after my wife found out the Staybridge Suites in the historic district has a kitchenette it was pretty much a done deal. Went through the staybridge link in the support/travel links page here. 179 cancellable rate (available for 162 if ya don't need a cancellable rate.) I did find what seemed to be the Hilton or Hyatt on HOTWIRE for 139, but we think the kitchenette is worth the $40 for the little one. Thanks for your help

Thanks for following-up the thread with your ultimate results and for using or Summerfield Suites link from the support page to make your purchase.

I have two little ones and having the kitchenette makes things MUCH easier for stays longer than a few nites... just buy a gallon of milk and throw it in the fridge rather than worrying each day where you will get fresh milk from (although many hotels have been EXTREMELY nice and the restaurant has given milk to us for free as needed)

Glad you found something that works well for your needs... enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]