Last minute reservations?

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

I was stranded at the Atlanta airport a few nights ago. It was almost midnight so I opted to tough it out at the airport. Could I have used Hotwire to secure a hotel reservation on the spot? Is there a cut off point where HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE) will not accept a bid? Just like to know in case it ever happens again. Spending the night at the airport was definitely NOT fun!.

Thanks.

JB

HOTWIRE:

Q: Can I book a same-day reservation?

A: Yes. In order to check in to a room today, the booking must be completed before 11 p.m., based on the local time of the city where you are interested in staying.

PRICELINE also allows bidding up to 11:00 PM local time.

Regarding Priceline, I've always thought the cut off was 11:00pm Eastern Time. It's currently 9:20pm Pacific time (12:20am Eastern) and Priceline won't process a bid for today's date. Hotwire, on the other hand, will still allow a booking for tonite.

Currently HOTWIRE is 11pm local time and PRICELINE is 11pm EST... however i just noticed this too from the PRICELINE website:

Customers with a U.S./Canadian billing address: When using a credit card with a U.S. or Canadian billing address, you can place a same-day reservation. Just make your reservation before 11 p.m. Eastern Time. Same day reservations may not be available in all locations or cities.

Customers with a non-U.S./Canadian billing address: Same-day and next-day requests cannot be placed using a credit card with a. billing address from any other country due to the time it takes for priceline to validate card information with international card providers. The earliest check-in date you can request is two days from the date of your request. For example, if you were placing your request on January 1st, the earliest date you could start your trip would be January 3rd.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]