Hotwire Hotel: Need help identifying hotwire galveston hotel

hotelshopper
By hotelshopper,
in

I see a 3.5 star hotel in galveston east and harbor area for 129 per night. I am trying to figure out if this is the treemont house. the trip advisor rating 4.5 of 5 matches up. location matches. ameneties match as there is no pool there. however the list price they put of 242 is what the list price for the hotel galvez is on Expedia if that matters. however galvez has a pool and should be listed as beach front as well I would think. I can't do the cool package comparison thing everyone is talking about b/c there are no galveston packages. any thoughts?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Add a reply with the date(s) of your stay and we'll have a look and comment regarding the prperties above. However, other than a request to try IDing the hotel in your second post, i'm not sure i understand the question (ie- the star rating discussion)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am trying to book for March 29th and march 30th. Sat and sun nights. Hotwire is showing 3.5* east and harbor area with the following amenities--fitness, business, restaurant, internet--notably no pool or beach front. Then hotwire is showing a 3* with only breakfast--nothing else. Also east and harbor area. I am thinking these are the treemont (3.5*) and the harbor house (3*) but if anyone has booked recently would be nice to know more b/c I would rather not get the hotel galvez b/c the rooms are small.

Are you currently seeing the 3.5* hotel on HOTWIRE?

I just searched for your two nite stay above and didn't show any 3.5* hotels in the East zone. If you're still seeing this offering, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see it now... i was using April 1 as the check-out date :)

While neither of the above have been identified, i believe you're guesses are correct, that the 3.5* is likely the Tremeont and the 3* likley the Harbor House. I see things that would exclude the Galvez from being either one of the above, so i would think you'd be fairly safe in purchasing either and not landing the Galvez.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]